Electrocompaniet - EC 4.8 - Reference Preamplifier
For more than 40 years, the name Electrocompaniet har been synonymous with great sounding power amplifiers.
Numerous prestigious international awards, top ranking reviews and the number of professional users relying on the quality of Electrocompaniet is proof of this.
Since 1998, we have enjoyed the same worldwide recognition with our outstanding EMC-1 CD player.
Here is the 4.8 two-channel preamplifier, set to join the ranks of Electrocompaniet award-winners.
Designed to make all power amplifiers sound even better, and to fill the need for a reference preamplifier at a higher price point, the 4.8 will master sources and power amplifiers, making the system reach even higher.
Dual mono construction with a power supply for each channel ensures sublime sound quality. Remote control via supplied unit or optional RF based ECT 2.
New SPAC network for safety control of connected power amplifiers is also included.
- All measurements are made at 120V / 240V //50Hz / 60Hz
- Input impedance balanced (fixed) - 47 Kohm
- Output impedance - 100 ohm
- Input level (Single ended) - >15 Vp-p
- Input level (balanced) - >30 Vp-p
- Max output level (Single ended) - >15 Vp-p
- Max output level (Balanced) - 30 Vp-p
- Gain - 111dB to +6dB
- Noice Floor - <-130db 0db="" gain="" li="">
- Frequency responce - 0.5 - 200.000 Hz
- Channel Seperation - > 120dB
- THD + N - <0.002%
- IMD - TBD
- Power consumption (no load or signal) - 30 W
- Dimensions - 483mm W x 386mm D x 76mm H
- Weight - 9 kg
- Inputs - Balanced = 2 x2 channel, Single ended = 3 x 2 channel
- Control Ports - Network = 3 x SPAC, Programming = 1 x USB
- Outputs - Balanced = 1 x 2 channel, Single ended = Record Out