INNUOS - ZEN Mk3 - Music Server
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Liam and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is INNUOS the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
The ZEN Mk3 provides another leap in sound quality compared to the ZENmini with its integrated dual-linear PSU, isolated dual-ethernet ports and asymmetrical anti-vibration feet. The ZEN Mk3 represents new value for money in digital audio performance.
- New Custom Motherboard with reduced EMI
- Dual-Linear Power Supply with ultra-low noise regulators and Nichicon MUSE Capacitors
- Asymmetrical isolation feet inspired by the ZENith SE
- Medical-Grade Mains Filter
- Dual Ethernet Ports for LAN and Streamer with dedicated isolation transformers
- 8GB RAM with 4GB In-Memory playback
- Ultra-low Noise USB Audio Output
- New Generation Quad-core Intel CPU
Dual-Linear Power Supply
The ZEN ensures a cleaner digital signal by reducing power noise. Through a dual-linear power supply, designed by Dr. Sean Jacobs, with ultra-low noise regulator design, Nichicon MUSE Capacitors and medical-grade mains filter, your music opens up and reveals new levels of realism.
INNUOS' own custom-made Innuos motherboard is completely reworked for optimised audio performance. Sources of EMI have been removed and internal clocks optimised, resulting in a "blacker" music background and enhanced realism.
Ultra-low Noise Streamer Output
Dual-ethernet ports with isolation transformers provide an ultra-low noise network connection for your streamer, removing noise from the path and improving sound quality on all network audio.
New asymmetrical isolation feet derived from INNUOS' award-winning ZENith SE plus added chassis treatment help to combat harmful vibration that affect a clean audio signal.
Now with twice the memory of the Zen Mk2, the new Zen MK3 has 8GB RAM with 4GB dedicated memory. Music is loaded directly to memory for playback so that it doesn’t engage the hard drive, improving sound quality.
Powered by innuOS
InnuOS’ unique innuOS operating system was developed in-house and allows complete Music Library management from your tablet, smartphone, or computer. Ripping CDs, importing music, editing album data (including covers), playing, streaming and backing up your music library can all be performed from the comfort of your smart device.
innuOS also contains many intelligent features to help organise your Music Library, such as their rule-based music import engine and Assisted CD Ripping mode. innuOS can also run in Roon Core or Roon Bridge mode
INTELLIGENT CD RIPPING
- Bit-Perfect Ripping: Using AccurateStream technology, extract every last bit of your CDs into WAV or FLAC files.
- Automatic CD Ripping: Just pop-in a CD! innuOS will automatically get full album data and cover from multiple online databases, rip your CD and eject when done.
- Assisted CD Ripping: Assisted CD Ripping allows you to see and edit all the album data and cover obtained from the online databases before you rip the CD. Great for Classical Music!
- Quiet Mode: Love to listen to music whilst ripping your CDs and want absolute silence? Just engage Quiet Mode for slowing down ripping, making it much quieter and with less vibration.
- Offline Ripping: CDs can be ripped without internet connection. When connected, album data and cover for all offline ripped CDs will be obtained with a simple click.
DIGITAL MUSIC IMPORT
Import Wizards for Existing Libraries - Pre-defined wizards for importing music from USB storage, Music Servers and NAS.
Intelligent Import Engine - innuOS takes all the hard work of importing music by intelligently analysing the music files and applying a number of rules such as:
- Organising the music based on format quality (compressed, cd quality or high-resolution), Artist and Album
- Removing very long file names or illegal characters
- Adding metadata to WAV files based on folder structure
Download from Online Stores - Qobuz, Linn Records, HD Tracks, HiResAudio, B&W Society of Sound, iTunes, Amazon and more. Just download the music files (even if they are in a zip or tar file) to the Auto Import shared folder and the server will take care of adding and updating the music library.
MUSIC LIBRARY MANAGEMENT
Edit or Delete Albums - Browse your library, select the album you want to update and just start editing directly on your tablet or smartphone. You can change the cover, manage genres based on previously used genres or simply delete the album - couldn’t be easier.
Quarantine - Quarantine is a staging area, separate from the Music Library, where any albums requiring attention are placed so they can be fixed before they go into the Music Library. These include:
- Albums with no metadata
- Ripped albums with damaged tracks
- Potentially duplicated albums
- Albums ripped offline
Automatic Music Library Update - After music is added, modified or deleted, the library is automatically updated as well as any connected systems such as Sonos or UPnP Streamers.
MUSIC SERVER MANAGEMENT
Automatic Network Identification - No more figuring out IP addresses find your server. Just go to my.innuos.com on your tablet or smartphone to list all Innuos devices on the network and access the innuOS App from there.
Remote Updates - Update the system with a touch of a button to benefit from our continuous improvements: new functionalities, enriched customer experience or enhanced sound quality.
Automatic Backup to USB Drive or NAS - Backup of your music library can be set on innuOS to start automatically based on library growth (e.g. every time 50 CDs are added) to either a USB backup drive or to a NAS on the network.
HI-FI MUSIC PLAYER
Rediscover Your Music and Discover New One - Play all your music as well as Internet Radio and streaming services with the best sound quality by connecting directly to a DAC or Digital Amplifier via asynchronous USB. Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz require premium subscriptions
Supports All Major Music Formats - The innuOS Music Player plays FLAC, DSD, MQA, WAV, Apple Lossless, AIFF, M4A and MP3 supporting bitrates up to 32bit/384KHz and NativeDSD, when connecting to compatible DACs
Playback from NAS - Play music stored on an external NAS drive.
Roon-Ready Player - The innuOS Music Player can optionally become a Roon-Ready player so you can use the amazing Roon interface to explore your music like never before.
STREAMERS AND MULTI-ROOM SYSTEMS
Perfect Integration with Sonos - innuOS can automatically connect its music library to a Sonos system at the touch of a button as well as automatically rescan the Sonos Music Library when any album is added, modified or deleted from the Music Library.
Fast and Reliable UPnP Server - innuOS also contains a UPnP Server configured out-of-the-box to work flawlessly with a number of UPnP-based systems:
- Wireless multi-room speakers such as Bang & Olufsen, Denon HEOS, BOSE and many others
- Music streamers from Naim, Linn , Moon, Auralic and many others
Roon Server - innuOS will also optionally integrate Roon Core* so you can use innuOS with other Roon-Ready streamers for a complete multi-room system.
* A Roon license, purchased separately, is required
Home Automation - innuOS can be integrated with the most popular home automation control systems such as RTI, Control4, KNX, AMX, Elan, Crestron and iRidium.
- Digital Output: USB 2.0 supporting USB Audio Class 2, DoP, Native DSD and MQA; Dedicated Ethernet Streamer Port
- Ethernet: 2 x rear panel RJ45 – Bridged Gigabit Ethernet
- USB: 1x USB 2.0 (DAC), 1x USB 3.0 (Backup)
- CD Formats: Red Book
- Disc Compatibility: CD, CD-R, CD-RW
- Audio format for stored CDs: FLAC (zero compression), WAV
- Audio Formats Supported for streaming and playing: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, MP3, MQA (with supported DACs)
- Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4KHz. 192kHz, 352.8KHz, 384KHz , up to DSD128 via DoP, Native DSD on selected DACs
- Bit Depths: 16bit, 24bit, 32bit
USER CONTROL INTERFACES
- Web Interface: Web Browsers from iOS, Android (4.0 and up) or up-to-date Windows and OS X browsers
- Mobile: App for iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows 10
- CD/DVD drive: TEAC Slot-loading drive
- Hard Drive: 1TB WD Red HDD, 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD
- CPU: Intel Quad Core N4200
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 Low-Voltage RAM (4GB Dedicated for RAM Playback)
STREAMING AND CD STORAGE
- UPnP/DLNA: Integrated UPnP Server
- Streaming Services: Qobuz, Spotify Connect, Tidal, Internet Radio
- Roon Compatibility: Roon Core and Roon Bridge
- Average CD Storage Time: 5 minutes
- CD Metadata: FreeDB, MusicBrainz, Discogs, GD3
- Compatible Music Systems: Sonos Multi-room Wireless Music System; DLNA/UPnP compatible devices; USB DACs complying to USB Audio Class 2; USB DACs supporting DSD over DoP protocol; Selected USB DACs supporting Native DSD
- Network: Internet connection to access album metadata when storing CDs, Internet Radio, Streaming Services and software updates; Network router with at least one available ethernet port; Premium subscription required for some streaming services such as Spotify, Qobuz and Tidal
- Recommended App (USB Connection Only): iPeng 9 (iOS), OrangeSqueeze (Android), Squeeze Control (Windows 10)
- Mains Supply: 230V AC / 115V AC - Internal Dual-Linear Power Supply
- Power Consumption: 12W when idle, 15W peak
- Dimensions: 70 x 420 x 320 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 9 Kg
- In the box: Innuos ZEN Mk3 Music Server, Mains Cable, 2m Ethernet Cable, Getting Started leaflet