Marantz - CR612 - Compact Network CD Receiver
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Liam and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is Marantz the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
A true Hi-Fi System in an elegant design featuring CD playback, DAB+, and modern music streaming sources with HEOS built-in
The moment you see the new M-CR612, you’ll know that this latest incarnation is pure refinement. It not only looks superb, it’s also a superb performer. The elegant network CD receiver supports near limitless streaming platforms through AirPlay 2, Bluetooth and HEOS WiFi connectivity. Connect your speakers to the M-CR612 through four high-efficiency digital audio amplifier channels and enjoy the most musical Marantz audio. With two optical digital inputs, you can even connect your television for elevated entertainment experience. The built-in DAB+ and FM tuners as well as TuneIn Internet Radio complete the set of music sources. If music matters to you, the M-CR612 is the number one music system to choose.
- 60W x 2ch (6 ohms) or 4 x 30W for speaker A/B with individual volume setting
- Power and connectivity to suit your demanding audio preference
- Plays CD, WMA/MP3 (CD-R/RW) and features an FM and DAB+ tuner
- No matter how you listen, enjoy your music with elevated Marantz audio quality
- Play songs from Internet Radio, Spotify, Amazon Prime Music, TIDAL, and from your smartphone via AirPlay 2 or Bluetooth
- Stream music from all your favourite sources
- Supports Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice agents
- Use your voice to control the M-CR612, no matter which voice agent
- Supports MP3 and gapless WAV/FLAC/ALAC 192kHz/24bit, DSD 2.8/5.6MHz playback
- High-performance, high-resolution audio playback for every source
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
- Improved network stability even in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- Includes two digital Optical inputs with auto-sensing for your TV or digital device
- The M-CR612 detects the signal input from your TV and outputs elevated audio
- Works with your existing TV remote
- Program the M-CR612 to work with your TV remote and easily adjust volume up, volume down, mute and source selection
The Most Musical Sound
Engineered and extensively tuned by a team drawing on more than 65 years of Hi-Fi expertise, the M-CR612 provides exceptional performance for your audio collection. Whether digital or analog, enjoy the most musical sound from any source.
Featuring four channels of high-efficiency, low-distortion digital audio amplification, easily configure the M-CR612 to drive two pairs of loudspeakers with independent volume control for each pair. Or, configure it to drive a single pair of speakers with double the output power, with the option to connect a pair of audiophile bi-amp compatible speakers.
Elegant Design and Audiophile Construction
The M-CR612 combines refined elegance and thoughtful design into a compact network CD receiver. Styled in a high-gloss black or a classic silver-gold finish, the M-CR612 offers a beautiful look to complement its superb performance. Deluxe vertical lighting accents on the front panel give that extra touch of quality. Designed with the modern audiophile in mind and crafted with superior materials that elevate audio quality. Fully optimized to reproduce the best audio performance possible, the compact signal paths reduce distortion and improve sound. Premium passive and active components amplify precision sound and audio quality.
Unlimited Music Sources
It does not stop with CD and FM/DAB+ radio playback. Thanks to built-in HEOS technology, you can enjoy your favourite digital music through a most comfortable App operation. Enjoy music from Spotify, TuneIn Internet Radio, Sound Cloud, Tidal, Deezer or your local music file libraries. With additional HEOS components like the HEOS speaker range or other HEOS-capable receivers, easily play all of your music in one room or many. AirPlay 2 and Bluetooth let you easily stream music and app content directly from your smartphone.
Better audio quality than a Soundbar
Connect your digital TV or cable/satellite set-top-box and a Blu-ray or DVD player to either of the two digital audio inputs to enjoy full dynamic range digital audio playback of your favourite movies and TV shows. The M-CR612 can automatically wake when sensing an audio signal from the television, and can be programmed to work with your TV’s remote for volume, mute and source selection.
Supports Major Voice Control Agents
Enjoy effortless voice control and total flexibility from the leading voice agents. Speak commands with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri. Ask to play your favourite music, turn the volume up, skip to the next track, switch inputs and more. Switch between voice agents, or pick a favourite to use — you’re in control. Functionality varies by voice agent.
More than 65 Years of Audiophile Heritage
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audiophile components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in our lives, the M-CR612 carries on the long Marantz tradition of delivering a superlative music listening experience.
- High quality power output - 2x 60 W or 4x 30 W
- Bi-Amping / Parallel BTL mode - Yes/Yes
- CD Compatibility: CD / CD-R/RW / WMA / MP3 / AAC - Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
- Tuner: DAB / DAB+ / FM (RDS) - Yes/Yes/Yes
- WiFi / Bluetooth / Spotify Connect / AirPlay 2 - Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
- Network & Online Music Streaming - Yes
- HEOS Multiroom integrated - Yes
- Rear USB - Yes
- Speaker A / B - Yes(Individual volume)
- Powered multi-room for one extra room - Yes
- Digital Optical in / Analogue in - 2/1
- Analogue out - Fixed & Variable
- Subwoofer Pre-out - Yes
- Headphone Output - Yes
- High Grade Audio Components - Yes
- Tone Control: Bass / Treble / Balance - Yes/Yes/Yes
- Low Noise OLED display - 3 line
- Illuminated front - pure white + off mode
- Clock / Sleep Timer - Yes/Yes
- Programmable Timer: Once / Daily - Yes/Yes
Network Music Streaming
- Ethernet / Wi-Fi - Yes/Yes (dual antenna / dual band)
- Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad - with AirPlay 2
- Internet Radio (TuneIn) - Yes
- Spotify Connect, Deezer, TIDAL, Napster, Soundcloud * - Yes/Yes/Yes/No/Yes
- Lossy formats MP3 / WMA / AAC - Yes/Yes/Yes
- Lossless formats FLAC / ALAC / WAV - Yes/Yes/Yes
- DSD Streaming - Yes(2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz)
- FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 192/24 - Yes/Yes/Yes
- Gapless playback - Yes(FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD)
- Compatible with Remote App for Smart Phones - Yes(Android/iOS
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1kHz) - 60 W / 30 W
- Number of channels - 2/4
- Freq. Response (Analogue In) - 5Hz - 40kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio - 90dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion - 0.1%
- Receiving Range (Band III) - Yes
- Signal to Noise Ratio DAB (Mono/Stereo) - 95dB
- Frequency response DAB - 20Hz - 20 kHz
- Stereo Separation DAB - 90dB
Specifications: Tuner FM
- Frequency Range FM - 87.5 - 108 MHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo) FM - 70/70dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (Mono/Stereo) FM - 0.3/0.4%
- Available colors - Black, Silver/Gold
- Power Consumption - 55W
- Standby Consumption - 0.3W
- Auto Power off - Yes
- Detachable Power Cable - Yes
- Remote Control - RC014CR
- DAB Antenna included - Yes
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) - 280 x 303 x 111 mm
- Weight - 3.4kg