Monitor Audio - Bronze 6 - Floorstanding Speakers
You Save: $188.00
From the towering Bronze 6, the most complete Bronze speaker, music and home theatre lovers can appreciate the full-range flavour of Monitor Audios forty year design heritage. Its deceptively compact cabinet supports two 6 1/2” C-CAM bass drivers operating in tandem with a further 6 1/2” C-CAM mid-range unit housed in a dedicated chamber. In this way matching drivers tuned for different roles are able to develop a wonderfully uniform, tonally consistent sound-field. Their seismic low bass and richly coherent mid-range detail rises in frequency to meet the illuminating resolution of our fabulous Bronze C-CAM tweeter. Here is Bronze in tooth and claw, alive to its ambitious audiophile design precedents and equipped with a compelling mix of accuracy, scale and dynamics for the highest value music and home theatre audio
- C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Optimised 61/2" mid-range driver featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile
- Dual 61/2" bass drivers featuring concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile
- Two and a half way configuration with differentially tuned acoustic system - higher efficiency and improved low frequency extension
- HiVe port technology
- All drivers feature single bolt-through driver systems, for increased overall bracing, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling
- High quality crossovers with premium grade Polypropylene film capacitors used throughout
- Rigid 18 mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity resulting in low cabinet coloration
- Floor-level terminal panel for easy termination and neat cable access. Bi-wire/ Bi-amp terminal configuration
- Premium quality vinyl veneer finishes
Bronze: Purity and PrecisionMonitor Audio’s story is intertwined with the evolution of their world-famous speaker lines. Driven by top-down innovation and ever more accurate acoustic analysis, each generation has grown in capability, achieving award-winning levels of quality, performance and value with every introduction.
Their restless desire for the most blissful combination of great sound and design at all price points, demands that where possible we share the technology across ranges so that driver designs and analytic tools developed upstream serve to enhance ranges further down.
For example this approach allows the Gold series to benefit from a version of Platinum’s extraordinary C-CAM ribbon tweeter; for Silver to inherit Gold’s ‘dished’ C-CAM driver designs, and similarly for Bronze to absorb the latest refinements in tweeter and driver engineering from the Silver project.
In many ways Bronze has everything to gain from Monitor Audio’s dynamic forty-year design heritage. Enriched as it is with elements of Platinum, Gold and Silver, the brilliant Bronze series will transcend the expectations of its price class and eclipse even its venerated multi-award winning predecessor Bronze BX
Monitor Audio's latest champion moves up a gear from BX and rival budget speakers because Bronze is simply in a class of its own. The features speak for themselves. For the first time they're using spectacular steel-grey C-CAM driver cones for a seamless blend with finishes, available in a choice of Black Oak, Walnut, Rosemah and a White Ash. Invisible driver fixings and floating magnetic grilles add to the impression of streamlined sophistication, lending Bronze the look and feel of a premium range.
It sounds like one as well. Drawing on their flagship technologies they’ve engineered the acoustic design to deliver lower distortion and a wider response from seven beautifully matched, deceptively slender models. Combined for natural full-range music and home cinema sound, Bronze will transform the quality of your home entertainment at a price that won’t break the bank.
The C-CAM driver configurations give Bronze the tonal accuracy and consistency of a class leader. Harnessing driver technology developed for their acclaimed mid-market Silver models, Bronze explodes the myth that high power handling with low distortion belongs exclusively to the expensive world of audiophile design.
The proprietary bass and mid drivers responsible for Bronze’s open, expressive and naturally rhythmic quality utilise a type of ‘dished’ C-CAM cone, which employs the entire cone surface to radiate sound. Unbroken by the centre pole-piece aperture of conventional driver designs, the cone is inherently more rigid and efficient while being less prone to break-up under high drive conditions, resulting in exceptional detail resolution and life-like tonality. Ingeniously, the driver’s voice coil is thermally coupled to the back of the cone, which draws heat away from the coil for better power handling and optimal operation at all volume levels.
Above the drivers, a 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter extends each system’s frequency response to an ultra-sonic 30 kHz, allowing the full reproduction of harmonic frequencies vital to the accurate reproduction of, say, the decay of a piano string or the crash of a hi-hat. Within the Bronze tweeter, an innovative venting system allows air to flow outside the tweeter’s magnet assembly into a rear loading chamber, preventing air from being compressed at the back of the dome for lower distortion, reduced mechanical resonance, and improved damping. Structural improvements in dome geometry and drive mechanism have boosted accuracy and extension at the top end of the tweeter’s range as well, generating the extraordinary high frequency quality that helps to define the sound of Bronze.
Enhancing system performance is their ‘bolt-through’ driver mounting design, first devised for our Radius series models but now adopted by all our speaker ranges. The drivers are individually mounted on a through-bolt which fixes at the back of the cabinet and tensions the driver at the front. Cleverly this triple-action feature braces the cabinet structure for lower box colouration while removing the need for conventional front fixings, reducing unwanted driver/cabinet resonance and simultaneously boosting aesthetics.
The reflex loading found on all Bronze models (excluding Centre, FX and W10) is of the HiVe II variety, borrowed from the Gold range, which uses rifled port grooves to speed the air in and out of the cabinet for cleaner, more powerful bass and a superior transient response.
Best possible signal integrity through the crossover is supplied by polypropylene film capacitors, air core and laminated steel core inductors. With slightly higher overall impedance than their BX predecessors, the Bronze line-up offers superior system- building flexibility with a wider choice of partnering equipment.
- System Format - 21/2-Way
- Frequency Response - 34 Hz — 30 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Maximum SPL - 114.8 dBA (pair)
- Power Handling (RMS) - 150 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 40 — 150 W
- Cabinet Design - Bass section: Front/rear bass reflex with HiVe II Port technology. Sealed mid-range enclosure.
- Crossover Frequency - LF: -6dB @ 150 Hz, MF/HF: 2.5 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement - 2 x 61/2" C-CAM bass, 1 x 61/2" C-CAM bass mid-range driver, 1 x 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Cabinet Dimensions (H x W x D) - 985 x 185 x 315 mm (383/4 x 75/16 x 123/8")
- Dimensions (Including Grille, Terminals, Plinths and Spikes (H x W x D)) - 1033 x 235 x 350 mm (4011/16 x 91/4 x 133/4")
- Weight (each) - 16.6 kg (36 lb 8 oz)
- Sold as: pair
Rosemah and White Ash are special order products. Enquire for lead time.