Monitor Audio - SoundFrame 2 - On-Wall Speaker
You Save: $130.00
The SoundFrame series consists of three sizes of speakers that complement any room. SoundFrame 2 On-Wall is a longer centre channel speaker designed for visual harmony with thin televisions or projection screens and can also be placed in a vertical position to match larger displays.
The SoundFrame 2 On-Wall utilises a true 3-way full-range driver configuration featuring a pivoting IDC 4-inch mid-range/1-inch tweeter module and a 6.5-inch C-CAM bass driver.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Slender 87 mm (3.5") cabinet depth.
- Choice of high gloss white or black lacquer frames.
- SoundFrame 1 and SoundFrame 2: full range true 3-way configuration: pivoting IDC 100 mm mid-range/25 mm tweeter module, 6.5-inch C-CAM bass driver with RST cone for a super-fast life-like response.
- High frequency attenuation +- 3 dB.
- Ultra-discreet on-wall/in-wall AV/audio system, suitable for any interior.
The SoundFrame range gives you a perfectly minimalist way to energise the choicest of interiors with breathtaking audio.
By blending Monitor Audios most imaginative driver and cabinet technologies they’ve created a miraculously thin loudspeaker that answers the call from interior designers world-wide for an easy way to combine great style with high-impact home entertainment. Having a fraction of the depth of even the smallest conventional speaker, and with a totally discreet in-wall option, the innovative SoundFrame design will preserve the look of a room while reproducing the pulsating audio quality of their world-famous speaker ranges.
SoundFrame is an ultra-discreet loudspeaker available in a choice of three models, each with an on-wall or in-wall option. SF1 has a portrait aspect ratio; SF2, a longer landscaped look, and SF3 is a diminutive square-shaped surround speaker. SoundFrame’s white or black matte cabinet has been developed to sit stylishly around wall-mounted flat screen displays for captivating home theatre sound, or in pairs as part of a high quality music system.
Frames pre-prepared in high gloss black/white piano lacquer or primed* for your choice of colour, help SoundFrame speakers to co-ordinate beautifully with every room design. For the complete custom effect choose a complementary or contrasting grille colour or image from the Grille Gallery, or why not have your OWN image printed onto your grilles, for the ultimate custom effect (enquire for information). Such versatility means the SoundFrame models can make a striking statement to compliment your décor, or utilise their chameleon-like ability to blend in, despite their performance being anything but discreet.
- True EQ
You’ll enjoy the rhythmic wideband fidelity of SoundFrame systems in any room, but if any high frequency ‘boost’ or ‘cut’ is required to meet personal taste or to adjust for room acoustics in softly furnished or hard reflective spaces, the high frequency switch on both SF1 and SF2 models will raise or lower levels by 3dB
- High-Performance On-Wall
Monitor Audio have utilised their most advanced driver technologies to raise the quality of on-wall speaker performance. Music and film sound, rich in detail and dynamic impact, is delivered by a true 3-way full-range driver configuration featuring a pivoting Inverted Dual Concentric (IDC®) 4-inch mid-range/1-inch tweeter module and an 6.5-inch C-CAM® bass driver (SF1 & SF2). The innovative IDC module is able to pivot in all directions allowing you to precisely direct crucial frequencies toward the listening area for greater detail, imaging and fidelity. At the same time sound is directed away from room boundaries, eliminating the unnecessary reflections that can cloud performance. Conventional speakers do not possess this level of control. The drivers, including the large high-power bass speaker, feature advanced RST® cone technology, developed by Monitor Audio for our flagship speakers. RST’s surface topology adds rigidity and strength but keeps the cone light and agile for a super-fast life-like response.
Having been designed for covert surround sound duties, the little SF3 SoundFrame model employs a specialised two-way system of 4” MMP®II bass driver and pivoting 1” C-CAM tweeter, custom-tuned for the role. Despite its very modest proportions, SF3’s technology is refined to deliver the wider bandwidth and greater audio detail required to blend beautifully with other SoundFrame speakers in a potent but deliciously discreet surround sound system.
- Easy to Install
Whether on-wall or in-wall, an ingeniously easy front connection system allows for uncomplicated installation in three steps.
1. Pre-fixed brackets are utilised to hold the unit securely in the wall cavity
2. Cable from the wall cavity passes through the back of the cabinet and connects with the front mounted terminals
3. Once your SoundFrame speaker is connected, the grille simply pushes on to the cabinet followed by the frame.
- Frequency Response - 55 Hz — 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 86 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Power Handling (RMS) - 100 W
- Maximum SPL - 106 dBA
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 25 — 100 W
- Bass Alignment - Sealed Box
- Crossover Frequency - 550 Hz & 3.3 kHz
- System Configuration - 3-Way
- Drive Unit Complement - 1 x 165 mm (6.5 inches) C-CAM mid/bass driver with RST, 1 x 102 mm (4 inches) IDC mid-range driver with dual concentric 25 mm (1 inches) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Dimensions (Including Frame (H x W x D)) - 790 x 240 x 87.5 mm (311/8 x 97/16 x 37/16")
- Depth From Wall - 87.5 mm (37/16")
- Weight (packaged) - 7.06 kg (15.53 lbs)