Monitor Audio - SoundFrame 3 - In-Wall Speaker
The SoundFrame series consists of three sizes of speakers that complement any room. SoundFrame 3 In-Wall is the most compact speaker of the three and it can be used on its own, as a rear to complement the SoundFrame 1 In-Wall and SoundFrame 2 In-Wall, or with a sub-woofer.
The SoundFrame 3 In-Wall has a 2-way configuration with a pivoting 1-inch tweeter module and a 4-inch C-CAM driver.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Slender 87 mm (3.5") cabinet depth.
- Choice of high gloss white or black lacquer frames.
- SoundFrame 3: 2-way configuration: a pivoting 1 inch tweeter module with a 4-inch C-CAM driver.
- High frequency attenuation +- 3 dB.
- Ultra-discreet on-wall/in-wall AV/audio system, suitable for any interior.
The SoundFrame range gives you a perfectly minimalist way to energise the choicest of interiors with breathtaking audio.
By blending Monitor Audios most imaginative driver and cabinet technologies they’ve created a miraculously thin loudspeaker that answers the call from interior designers world-wide for an easy way to combine great style with high-impact home entertainment. Having a fraction of the depth of even the smallest conventional speaker, and with a totally discreet in-wall option, the innovative SoundFrame design will preserve the look of a room while reproducing the pulsating audio quality of their world-famous speaker ranges.
SoundFrame is an ultra-discreet loudspeaker available in a choice of three models, each with an on-wall or in-wall option. SF1 has a portrait aspect ratio; SF2, a longer landscaped look, and SF3 is a diminutive square-shaped surround speaker. SoundFrame’s white or black matte cabinet has been developed to sit stylishly around wall-mounted flat screen displays for captivating home theatre sound, or in pairs as part of a high quality music system.
Frames pre-prepared in high gloss black/white piano lacquer or primed* for your choice of colour, help SoundFrame speakers to co-ordinate beautifully with every room design. For the complete custom effect choose a complementary or contrasting grille colour or image from the Grille Gallery, or why not have your OWN image printed onto your grilles, for the ultimate custom effect (enquire for information). Such versatility means the SoundFrame models can make a striking statement to compliment your décor, or utilise their chameleon-like ability to blend in, despite their performance being anything but discreet.
- True EQ
You’ll enjoy the rhythmic wideband fidelity of SoundFrame systems in any room, but if any high frequency ‘boost’ or ‘cut’ is required to meet personal taste or to adjust for room acoustics in softly furnished or hard reflective spaces, the high frequency switch on both SF1 and SF2 models will raise or lower levels by 3dB
- High Performance In-Wall
For the finest blend with décor and the latest ultra-thin wall-mounted TVs, the SoundFrame in-wall (i-W) models offer an easy, elegant way to conceal the entire cabinet in a wall cavity.
In technology and performance the three in-wall models are identical to their on-wall versions but achieve the ultimate flush-fitted look. Prefixed brackets and a redesigned surround facilitate the appearance of a hanging photo frame, which is possible only by mounting in-wall.
SoundFrame’s i-W design is quick and easy to install. The unit simply slides into the wall cavity and is secured on four pre-fixed corner brackets. The high-gloss lacquer frame clips into place, concealing the corner fixings for a super-clean union with décor, just 19mm from the wall. As with the on-wall SoundFrame models, the connecting cable runs in the wall cavity, enters from the back and is connected at the front to provide the essential wire-free look.
- Easy to Install
Whether on-wall or in-wall, an ingeniously easy front connection system allows for uncomplicated installation in three steps.
1. Pre-fixed brackets are utilised to hold the unit securely in the wall cavity
2. Cable from the wall cavity passes through the back of the cabinet and connects with the front mounted terminals
3. Once your SoundFrame speaker is connected, the grille simply pushes on to the cabinet followed by the frame.
- Frequency Response - 75 Hz — 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 86 dB
- System Configuration - 2-Way
- Drive Unit Complement - 1 x 4" C-CAM mid-range driver, 1 x 1" pivoting Gold Dome tweeter
- Power Handling (RMS) - 50 W
- Maximum SPL - 102.5 dBA
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 25 — 50 W
- Bass Alignment - Ported Box
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequency - 3.2 kHz
- Dimensions (Including Frame (H x W x D)) - 301.5 x 301.5 x 77.5 mm (117/8 x 117/8 x 31/16")
- Cut-Out Dimensions - 251 x 251 x 59.5 mm (97/8 x 97/8 x 25/16")
- Depth From Wall - 18 mm (3/4")
- Weight (packaged) - 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
Please Note: The Prime option is special order. Enquire for more information