The Audio Tailor Voted #1 Australian Hi Fi Store 2021 + 2022
Roksan - Attessa Streaming Amplifier
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Nathan and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is Roksan the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Attessa Streaming Amplifier
Developed by Roksan's in-house UK team and controlled by the multi-room BluOS app, their streaming amp is optimised for your home and your everyday life. Explore all your music and all your devices from a single, intuitive control dial, for audio that’s amplified – and simplified.
All the power of Roksan's integrated amplifier, with all the control of BluOS multi-room audio technology. The Attessa Streaming Amplifier gives you easy, one-touch access to all your devices, from TVs to turntables, from consoles to CD transports. Best of all, it gives you high-end audio capability with the kind of simple, smartphone-based control that we’ve come to expect in every area of our lives. The technology is complex, but using it couldn’t be simpler. So now, you can have hi-res audio in every room of your house – all at the touch of a button.
- Hi-Res music streaming with BluOS™ Premium Multi-Room Audio Technology which supports 20+ streaming services and can stream up to 64 zones, all controllable via your smart phone
- The one touch dial control user-interface is both simple and intuitive to use. Select listening volume or source guided by a graphical interface incorporating haptic feedback to confirm your selection.
- Three self-allocated BluOS presets directly available from the inputs list for instant access
- Robust steel and aluminium construction with no visible aerials
- A wide variety of digital and analogue connections including Bluetooth® and AirPlay 2
- An integrated Moving Magnet phono stage allows the connection to a turntable without the need for additional boxes and accessories
- A powerful amplifier capable of getting the most out of a variety of loudspeakers
- SPDIF inputs will decode MQA encoded PCM streams including MQA CD’s played back by the Attessa CD Transport
- Designed and developed in-house in the UK
- MaestroUnite setup for over the air updates and partnering of other devices to form a single Roksan system, a bespoke technology and app developed for Roksan
Fully developed in-house in the UK, the new Attessa range features premium streaming technology, class-leading performance and beautiful industrial design. The range has therefore been designed to combine all the wonderfully complex sound of a class-leading hi-fi system with the simplicity most listeners crave - making it easier to connect with both devices, and with the people around you.
Connecting made simple.
Great Hi-Fi is incredibly intricate, precise and complex. Fortunately, achieving it can be simple. For the Attessa range, Roksan have used their wealth of technical expertise to deliver lifelike sound with all the depth and quality you could wish for. Yet they’ve managed this in a minimalist, intuitive design that couldn’t be simpler to use.
Tap into the true joy of sound
Designed to combine all the wonderfully complex sound of a class-leading Hi-Fi system with the simplicity most listeners crave - making it easier to connect with devices, and with the people around you.
A home audio product which is not intimidating for the first time Hi-Fi consumer.
BluOS™ Premium Multi-Room Audio Technology
The built-in BluOS premium multi-room audio technology in the Attessa Streaming Amplifier supports 20+ streaming services and can stream up to 64 zones, all controllable via your smart phone.
One-touch dial control
Minimalistic control dial provides single point of contact for both volume and input, and intuitive dial with haptic feedback, and a graphical interface.
Wide range of inputs
A wide variety of digital and analogue connections including Bluetooth® allows you to bring high quality audio to a large number of external devices including your TV or Games console.
In perfect sync
MaestroUnite setup for over the air updates and partnering of other devices to form a single Roksan system. A bespoke technology and app developed for Roksan.
Designed and engineered in Great Britain
Fully developed in-house in the UK, the Attessa range features class-leading performance and beautiful industrial design.
All-in-one plug and play package
All-in-one plug and play package including tonearm, cartridge and built-in phono stage. Using the same footprint, Attessa Turntable is a perfect match for Attessa Electronics.
- Power Output into 8 Ohm: 80W Both Channels Driven, Nominal (THD+N <0.1%)
- Power Output into 4 Ohm: 130W Both Channels Driven, Nominal (THD+N <0.1%)
- Inputs (Digital): Digital 1 (D1) – Coax SPDIF (up to 192kHz/24bit); Digital 2 (D2) – Optical SPDIF (max. 96kHz/24bit); Digital 3 (TV) – Optical SPDIF (max. 96kHz/24bit); Digital 4 (CD) – Coax SPDIF (up to 192kHz/24bit); Digital 5 (Bluetooth) – Bluetooth (48kHz/16bit)
- Inputs (Analogue): A1 – Variable Input (no signal sense); A2 – Fixed Input (with signal sense); MM (Phono) - RIAA (equalised)
- Outputs: 1x pair Speaker binding posts (L&R), 1x pair of RCA Analogue (Pre-out/SUB), 3.5mm Stereo mini-jack headphone socket - 7.5Vrms drive suitable for all headphone types including high-impedance
- Other: IEC mains power socket (3 pin)/Fuse holder, 3.5mm mini-Jack – 12v trigger Input (On / Standby), IR wired input 3.5mm jack
- Construction: Formed Plated steel and bespoke machined anodised aluminium front panel.
- Primary Interface (on unit): Dynamic Control Dial (with haptic feedback) to control volume and inputs
- Secondary Interface (on unit): Standby, Backward, Play/Pause, Forward
- Other Interface: IR remote
- Bluetooth: A2DP Audio profile / Codecs: SBC, aptX & AAC Bluetooth Range: 15m (typical)
- Digital Coax Input: up to 24bit/192kHz PCM
- Digital Optical Input: up to 24bit/96kHz PCM
- MaestroUnite: System Creation and Control, Advanced System Setting, Over the Air Updates via Wi-Fi
- Mains Transformer Rating: 400VA
- Dimensions (Including Encoder and Connections (W x H x D)): 432 x 76 x 373 mm
- Dimensions (Excluding Encoder and Connections (W x H x D)): 432 x 76 x 346 mm
- Weight: 10.48 kg (23 lb)
- Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, ALAC, OPUS
- Hi-Resolution Audio Formats: MQA, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, Supports converted DSD playback via the BluOS desktop app (only)
- Sampling Rate: Up to 24 bit / 192kHz
- Supported Operating Systems (Minimum Spec): Windows 7 SP1, macOS 10.9 Mavericks, iOS 9.3, Android 5.0 Lollipop or above
- Supported Cloud Services: Amazon Alexa, Amazon Music, Spotify Connect, TIDAL Connect, Deezer, Qobuz, HDTracks, HighResAudio, Murfie, JUKE, Napster, Slacker Radio, KKBox, Bugs
- Free Internet Radio: TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio, Calm Radio, Radio Paradise
- Control Integrations: Crestron, Control4 (OS 3), Control4 (2.9.1), RTI, URC, Push, Lutron, ELAN, iPort
- Format Support / Sampling Rate: PCM / up to 192KHz/24bit