The Audio Tailor Voted #1 Australian Hi Fi Store 2021 + 2022
HEOS - Amp (HS2) - Multi-room Amplifier
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Nathan and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is HEOS the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
The HEOS Amp is designed to add HEOS multi-room audio functionality to a pair of stereo speakers, and features the same wireless ease of use as our self-powered HEOS speaker models.
Featuring advanced Class D digital amplification, the HEOS Amp delivers 100 watts maximum power per channel, with lowest distortion and high current capability that provides reliable and stable operation with lower impedance speakers, including 4 ohm models.
With the HEOS Amp, you can enjoy listening to your favorite loudspeakers, and the high power rating means that you can enjoy room-filling sound quality even at concert hall levels.
In addition to the stereo speaker outputs, the HEOS Amp features additional connectivity, including a sub output for connection to a powered subwoofer. There's also an analog stereo line input (via RCA jacks), and an additional auxiliary input via 3.5mm jack for direct connection to a portable player's headphone output.
An optical digital input lets you connect a digital music source such as a CD player, and a USB port lets you connect a portable thumb drive to listen to your favorite tracks. You can also use the USB port to charge your portable device. In addition to the built-in dual band ""N"" wireless system, the HEOS Amp is also equipped with an RJ-45 Ethernet port for direct connection to a wired LAN setup.
As with our HEOS wireless speaker models, you'll be able to stream your favorite music tracks and control the HEOS Amp with our HEOS App, which is available in both iOS and Android versions. With the HEOS App, you can choose to listen to music tracks on your smartphone, tablet or portable audio player, and you also can listen to your choice of internet radio stations, and you can also listen to your favorite music streaming service.
HEOS lets you choose different songs for each room, or you can listen to the same song in all rooms. Our exclusive digital technology provides precise audio synchronization (within microseconds) to ensure top audio fidelity and stereo imaging quality.
The stylish HEOS Amp enclosure features elegant silver accents, and for convenience, there are volume and mute controls discreetly placed on the side panel.
- Turn any existing pair of speakers into HEOS zone
- Now offering high resolution audio
- 100W x 2 class D amplification
- Stream from your favourite music service such as Spotify, Tune-in, Tidal and Dezer via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi audio streaming
- 4-16 Ohms
- Analog and optical digital inputs
- Subwoofer pre out
- Does not need bridge - easier setup
- Dual band Wi-Fi
- Easier to use app
- Better industrial design
- USB input directly speaker
- Tight synchronisation
All HEOS speakers feature:
Every room can have its own HEOS sound. Or, group multiple speakers to fill the house with the same song. Multi-room means multiple options.
Apps & Streaming Services
Cloud music, streaming music and your music library—all your favorite sources are supported by this amazing FREE app.
Amazing Sound Quality
It's no accident that HEOS speakers produce pristine sound. They are engineered by the experts at Denon, innovators in audio for more than 100 years.
It's amazing how quickly you can start listening to your HEOS speakers. Place your speakers, and you will be listening to music in minutes.. It's really that simple.
- Power Amplifier Rated output - 100 W+100 W (6 Ω/ohms, 1 kHz, T.H.D. 0.7 %) 70 W + 70 W (8Ω/ohms, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, T.H.D. 0.05%)
- Impedance - 4 – 16 Ω/ohms
- Input sensitivity/Input impedance - 150 mV/47 kΩ/kohms
- Total Distortion - ANALOGUE IN: 0.5 %(1 kHz)
- S/N ratio (10 W, 6 Ω/ohms, IHF-A) - ANALOGUE IN: 86 dB (IHF–A weighted)
- Frequency response - 10 Hz to 40 kHz: +1, -3 dB
- Music Subscription Services - The HEOS app lets you choose from popular subscription streaming services including Spotify, TuneIn, SoundCloud, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and Mood:Mix. More services will be added soon.
- External Inputs - Analogue or optical digital sources connected to the HEOS Amp or other HEOS players.
- Internet Radio Stations - Streaming AAC, MP3, WMA (via the TuneIn service)
- Music Formats Supported - WMA: Up to and including 192kbps, AAC and MP3: Up to and including 320kbps, WAV, ALAC and FLAC: Up to and including 24-bit/192kHz, DSD: 2.8MHz, 5.6MHz
- Bluetooth Supported - Play on one speaker or add other HEOS speakers in party mode.
- Picture Formats Supported - HEOS Amp HS2 supports JPG, PNG, BMP and GIF album art picture formats.
- USB Drives Supported - HEOS Amp HS2 supports USB thumb drives via the built-in USB port. Music content on a USB drive can be played back locally, or on any or all HEOS players on your network.
- Music Stored On Phone/Tablet - iTunes music stored locally on your iOS device or music files on your Android or Kindle Fire device.
- NAS (Network Attached Storage) - Play from your DLNA compliant music servers. “Availability of music services may vary by region. Not all services may be available at time of purchase. Some services may be added or discontinued from time to time based on decisions of the music service providers or others. Visit www.denon.co.uk/uk/musicservices for announcements and details.”
- Wireless Connection - Supports latest dual band wireless networks (including 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac standards).
- Wired Connection - Connect to your home or office LAN system via the RJ-45 wired LAN port.
- Power Supply - AC 220 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- What's In The Box - HEOS Amp HS2, AC power cord, 3.5mm setup cable, Ethernet cable, Quick Start guide
- Controls & Indicators - Volume up/down, Mute / Mute button LED indicator, Multicoloured LED status indicator, Network ‘connect’ button (rear), Bluetooth ‘connect’ button (rear)
- Weight - 2.8 kg
- Multiple Language Support - English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Polish
- Dimensions (H x W x D) - 93 x 221 x 214 mm
- Operating Temperature Range - 5°C~35°C
- Product Finish - Silver