Monitor Audio - AWC280-T2 - All Weather In-Ceiling Speaker
NOW YOU CAN RELY ON GREAT SOUND, WHATEVER THE WEATHER
Don’t keep the sound you love inside the home, share it with family and friends on the patio, by the pool or on deck afloat on the ocean! When more of us are enjoying the freedom of recreation in the great outdoors, make the party with a burst of full-range fidelity from the new super-discreet weatherproof AWC series speakers, created specifically for sound outdoors.
Developed using all-C-CAM®* driver systems derived from our critically acclaimed hi-fi speakers, the four new All Weather In-Ceiling models are meticulously engineered with advanced levels of water, dust, corrosion, UV and temperature protection to provide outdoor audio installations with great sound and long-term reliability in the most challenging all-weather environments.
DISCREET HIGH PERFORMANCE, COME RAIN OR SHINE
Monitor Audio has crafted generations of award-winning music and AV speaker systems to deliver jaw-dropping entertainment inside the home. With the AWC series, we’ve adapted the same innovative audio technologies for super discreet in-wall/ceiling applications. Not only will the new AWC designs reproduce our naturally rhythmic and fluid wideband sound quality in the open air around pools, showers, Jacuzzis and marine decks, they’ll perform beyond expectations in the most discreet way possible by installing flush with exterior walls and ceilings
STEALTHY, PRACTICAL, VERSATILE AND RELIABLE
The new AWC series comprises stylish two-way 6 1/2” and 8” models (AWC265 and AWC280) with single speaker stereo (T2) variants, the AWC265-T2 and AWC280-T2. Anodised black for stealthy in-wall/ceiling integration, the C-CAM bass drivers combine co-axially with Monitor Audio’s renowned 1” C-CAM tweeters, which are twinned and angled on the T2 versions to deliver high performance stereo sound from a single unit where space is limited.
BUILT TO BEAT THE WEATHER GODS
The AWC Series design deploys materials selected for stability across an extremely wide temperature range. Protecting the drive systems are low profile trimless grilles, engineered from high-grade stainless steel and fixed using special non-corroding rare earth magnets for easy utility. The rear of each model is completely encased in tough mineral-filled polymer to prevent the ingress of dirt and moisture, and where it meets wall or ceiling a layer of specially formulated EPDM barrier material ensures a long-lasting waterproof seal. Also at the back, silicon-guard-protected push terminals are joined by high frequency level adjustment controls, designed to optimise response in a range of environments from wide open spaces to tiled pool area
EASY AND SECURE INSTALLATION
Trouble-free and secure installation is offered through Monitor Audio’s innovative Tri-Grip™ fixing system, which is easier to install than conventional ‘dog’ fixings and provides three times the clamping surface area for a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity
PERFORMANCE, LUXURY AND UTILITY ALL-IN-ONE
Monitor Audio’s premier all-weather in-wall/ceiling designs are created to offer the best weather-proof audio option available. This means award-winning sound quality from proven technologies in a stealthy fully-fitting format, certified and protected from the extremes of climate to provide years of high audio performance, whatever the weather!
The AWC Series joins our established ‘Climate’ range of weather-proof cabinet speakers to extend the choice of robust all-weather options available from Monitor Audio’s wide architectural speaker line-up
- High Performance C-CAM bass and high frequency drivers
- Stainless Steel ‘Trimless’ round grille – strong and resistant to corrosion. Square grille options also available separately.
- Non-ferrous Samarium Cobalt magnets for grille attachment – prevent rust and corrosion
- IP55 certified for Extreme climate conditions: Salt Spray, UV stability, Water, Vibration, Anti-corrosion
- Patented Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
- EPDM barriers to prevent moisture. EPDM is an extremely durable synthetic rubber membrane (ethylene propylene diene monomer)
- Gold plated push terminals with silicon cover
- Stainless fixing screws with Silicone covers
- Tweeter level attenuation (internal) – set prior to installation
- Applications: pool rooms, bathrooms, marine decks; universal outdoor installation.
- Frequency Response - 50 Hz — 30 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 88 dB (both channels driven)
- Nominal Impedance - 8 + 8 ohms
- Maximum SPL - 109 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS) - 100 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 20 — 100 W
- Drivers - 8" C-CAM cone bass driver, 2 x 1" C-CAM Gold Dome tweeters (fixed angle)
- Adjustment Controls - HF Level Switch (+3 dB / 0 dB / -3 dB) - Adjustable at the point of installation
- Connection - 2 x (2 pairs) Gold plated push style terminal
- Overall Diameter (Including Grille) - 285 mm (111/4")
- Overall Depth (Including Grille) - 102.5 mm (41/32")
- Cut-Out Hole Diameter - 247 mm (93/4")
- Mounting Depth - 97.55 mm (37/8")
- Optional Square Grille - Outer Dimensions - 285 x 285 mm (111/4")
- Fixing Type - 3 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
- Construction Material - Mineral Filled PC-ABS Polymer (UL V0 Fire Retardant, RoHS2 Compliant)
- Grille - SS430 Stainless Steel
- Magnets - Samarium Cobalt
- Operating Temperature Range - -34° to 79° C -29° to 174° F
- Weight - 2.8 kg (6 lb 2 oz)
- Pre-Construction Bracket - CB8 Pre-Construction Bracket (Green)
- Back Box - CCBOX-R | CMBOX-R
- Sold as: individually