Monitor Audio - CLG-W12 - In-Ground Subwoofer
The CLG-W12 is a passive subwoofer. Optimised for discreet sub-surface installation, its proprietary Monitor Audio bandpass design incorporates an internally loaded 12" C-CAM driver which sits in a waterproof rotationally-moulded polymer enclosure buried below the garden surface - only the CLG-W12’s domed output port is visible.
The CLG-W12 can be powered from a single amplifier channel at 4 ohms, with its 70/100 V line option recommended for cable runs over 10m (30ft) and for adding subwoofers to the system. In this line configuration, the CLG140/CLG160 satellites are daisy-chained to the CLG-W12, one after the other, up to a recommended maximum of twelve per subwoofer. System expansion to larger garden spaces simply involves the addition of amplifier channels, subwoofers and satellites.
In the simplest designs, satellites are connected in a mono configuration to one amplifier channel, the other channel powering the subwoofer. The use of a stereo power amplifier with 70/100volt line capability and crossover features will allow the adjustment of levels between bass and mid-high range. Alternatively, the system can be designed to provide stereo operation by adding elements to create left/right zones.
When installed the Climate Garden System delivers a smooth, wide-open and controlled frequency response from 30 Hz to 30 kHz in the targeted environment: better than many home audio systems! For patio or deck applications, the CLG-W12 will install within a planter box to enhance Monitor Audio’s CL Series all-weather cabinet speakers with deep bass frequencies, giving custom installers additional design options.
- Below ground garden installation. On patios or decks will install within a suitably sized planter
- Extended response down to 30 Hz
- Long throw 12" sub-woofer driver featuring C-CAM cone technology and rigid die-cast chassis
- Bandpass cabinet enclosure delivers high efficiency and punchy, extended bass
- 70/100 V and 4 ohm tap for flexible system design: additional units can be added and ‘daisy-chained’ together
- Robust moulded cabinet: strong and waterproof with fewer joints to compromise structural integrity
- Certified to IP54 Ingress Protection rating
- Dark brown finish blends with garden colours
- Applications: garden, deck and patio, theme parks
Introduction to Climate Garden System
Ingeniously designed for concealment in any garden landscape, the Climate Garden System takes Monitor Audios award-winning hi-fi audio outside, providing music lovers with the lifestyle experience of big, wide, detailed sound in the great outdoors.
The system’s super-discreet all-weather satellite/subwoofer design has been expertly created by their designers for ground level installation amongst shrubs and trees. The speaker system delivers a luxurious blend of unobtrusive aesthetics and natural full-range audio in gardens of any size.
Comprising the CLG140 and CLG160 satellite speakers and CLG-W10 and CLG-W12 subwoofers ‘daisy-chained’ together in 70/100 V line arrays of up to sixteen satellites and three subwoofers, the set-up is expandable by adding additional satellite, subwoofer and amplifier sets according to garden size. Operating temperature range: -20° to 70° C / -4° to 158° F
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 30 Hz — 100 Hz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 87 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 4 ohms or 70/100 Volt line level (cable select)
- Maximum SPL - 110 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS) - 250 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 100 — 250 W
- Drive Unit Complement - 1 x 12" C-CAM cone, long throw sub-bass driver
- Crossover Recommendation - 100 Hz at a minimum of 12 dB/Octave (24 dB/Octave optimum)
- External Dimensions (H x W x D) - 750 x 380 x 505.5 mm (191/2 x 1415/16 x 197/8")
- Connection - Encapsulated cable connection
- Environmental Protection Rating - IP54
- Colour / Finish - Brown
- Weight - 19.5 kg (42 lb 14 oz)