Monitor Audio - CLG140 - Weatherproof Satellite Speaker
You Save: $64.00
The CLG140 satellite speaker is a robust high sensitivity design built to deliver richly detailed hi-fi quality mid/high frequencies.
Engineered to withstand the most extreme temperatures and weather conditions, its rigid conical polymer enclosure houses the company’s signature 1” (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter co-axially aligned with a 4" MMP bass-mid driver. The horn-shaped housing provides excellent audio directivity in free air conditions when positioned close to the garden surface on a bracket/spike assembly, which neatly encapsulates and channels the connecting cable into the ground for a discreetly installed result. Alternatively it’s possible to mount the CLG140 on a tree, pole, wall or fence.
Supplied in a durable dark brown finish for excellent coordination with garden colours, the CLG140’s casing can be painted to blend with any environment.
- 4" MMP II bass-midrange driver
- Coaxially aligned 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Optimised for high sensitivity and wide dispersion
- Internal matching transformer for 70/100 V line level operation
- Designed to operate under extreme climatic conditions from -20 to 70 C
- Rigid, high impact polymer cabinet for long life and durability
- Bracket mounting made from die-cast aluminium alloy
- Garden spike (CLG-SPIKE R) and mount (CLG-MOUNT) available separately
- Certified to IP55 rating
- Encapsulated cable runs inside bracket and spike for discreet appearance
- Dark Brown finish blends with garden colours, but enclosure is paintable to blend with alternative settings
- Applications include garden and deck areas: system expands with garden size
- PTC protection against power overload
Introduction to Climate Garden System
Ingeniously designed for concealment in any garden landscape, the Climate Garden System takes Monitor Audios award-winning hi-fi audio outside, providing music lovers with the lifestyle experience of big, wide, detailed sound in the great outdoors.
The system’s super-discreet all-weather satellite/subwoofer design has been expertly created by their designers for ground level installation amongst shrubs and trees. The speaker system delivers a luxurious blend of unobtrusive aesthetics and natural full-range audio in gardens of any size.
Comprising the CLG140 and CLG160 satellite speakers and CLG-W10 and CLG-W12 subwoofers ‘daisy-chained’ together in 70/100 V line arrays of up to sixteen satellites and three subwoofers, the set-up is expandable by adding additional satellite, subwoofer and amplifier sets according to garden size. Operating temperature range: -20° to 70° C / -4° to 158° F
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 100 Hz — 30 KHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 88 dB
- Line Level Voltage - 70/100
- Maximum SPL - 104 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS) - 40 W (crossover set to minimum 100 Hz@12 dB/Octave)
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 10 — 40 W per speaker
- Drive Unit Complement - 1 x 4" MMP II cone bass-mid driver, 1 x 25 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter – Coaxially oriented
- Crossover Recommendation - 100 Hz at a minimum of 12 dB/Octave (24 dB/Octave optimum)
- External Dimensions (Excluding Spike and Mount (H x W x D)) - 130 x 175 mm (51/8 x 67/8")
- Total Bracket Pivot Angle - 32° in all directions
- Connection - Encapsulated cable connection
- Environmental Protection Rating - IP55
- Colour / Finish - Brown
- Dispersion - 60°
- Weight - 2.08 kg (4 lb 10 oz)
- Sold as: individually