Monitor Audio - Silver 100 - Bookshelf Speakers
You Save: $169.00
The Silver 100 is a serious audiophile speaker capable of producing remarkable resolution, from the most intricate musical scores to the loudest rock concert, with superlative ease.
High output and effortless dynamics make the Silver 100 an ideal choice for medium to large rooms in two-channel stereo or multi-channel application.
Silver 100 features a massively powerful 8-inch C-CAM RST bass/mid driver rigidly fixed into a relatively compact two-way cabinet in a configuration that while relatively traditional by modern standards has a lot to offer. There is no real substitute for big drivers and their relative ease of moving air efficiently. Thus, they can deliver incredible dynamic headroom and bass extension, a feature normally reserved for floorstanding speakers.
A two-way, ported design, the Silver 100 relies on a new, 25 mm C-CAM tweeter made from the brand’s proprietary Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium, and featuring a vented Neo magnet system, to create the cleanest possible highs. The HF unit is coupled with a specially-designed 8-inch bass/mid driver featuring a concave ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for incredible levels of damping and improved mid-range clarity. You’ll certainly hear the difference with Silver.
- Unique RST Cone profile for best diaphragm rigidity and lowest distortion
- Cast-polymer driver chassis design for improved rigidity and damping characteristics
- HiVe II port technology ensures linear transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling means the highest-quality transfer through the signal chain
- High-quality crossovers with premium grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors for maximum signal transfer
1. Thirty-year perfection of metal dome tweeter
Newly developed 1” (25 mm) C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) Gold Dome tweeter has the lowest-ever distortion. It provides exquisite treble with crystal-clear highs that are smooth and without harshness.
2. Hallmark drivers beat at the heart
Loudspeakers’ crucial drive units produce the sound waves we hear. Monitor Audio’s signature C-CAM RST ‘dished’ cones (created from a single piece of unique Aluminium Magnesium alloy and formed into a dish profile) ensure pure, undistorted sound across the bass and mid-range. The cone has been developed and perfected using sophisticated computer modelling (Finite Element Analysis) which enables the use of thinner and lighter C-CAM. The internal magnets and voice coils promise a clean sound, even at the high level.
3. Perfecting integration
Top-quality component selection for the crossover networks ensures the various drive units work together seamlessly, creating a unified sound. Polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and laminated steel-core inductors are employed to preserve the best possible signal integrity and deliver ultimate enjoyment.
4. Cabinet rigidity is key
Precision laser scanning research at the world-renowned National Physical Laboratory was a critical part of the Silver Series development. The result is optimal internal bracing, ensuring the most natural sound possible.
Monitor Audio’s unique bolt-through technology provides a cleaner sound with much lower coloration.
5. Standing tall, standing elegantly
Silver Series floorstanders employ ‘outrigger’ feet, constructed from solid metal components to provide a stable platform.
6. Quality components throughout
The slimline grilles of the Silver Series have concealed magnetics for clean-looking baffles. Monitor Audio’s unique HiVe II ports rely on an innovative straight-rifled design to accelerate airflow and reduce turbulence, moving air much faster than inferior port types. The result is an immediately noticeable quick bass with power and weight, and a superior transient response to reveal a true sense of timing.
- System Format - 2-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 40 Hz – 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 88 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Minimum Impedance - 4.5 ohms @ 167 Hz
- Maximum SPL - 112 dBA (pair)
- Power Handling (RMS) - 120 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 40 – 120 W
- Bass Alignment - Bass reflex. HiVe II port system
- Crossover Frequency - 2.8 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement - 1 x 8" C-CAM RST bass/mid driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals) - 375 x 230 x 300 mm (143/4 x 91/16 x 1113/16")
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) - 375 x 230 x 329 mm (143/4 x 91/16 x 1215/16")
- Weight (each) - 9.3 kg (20 lb 8 oz)
Please Note: Natural Oak Finish is a special order product. Enquire for lead time