Monitor Audio - Silver 500 - Floor Standing Speakers
The incredible Silver 500 floorstander from Monitor Audio features a pair of powerful, long-throw 8-inch C-CAM RST bass drivers in each cabinet, delivering punchy bass right down to an earth-shaking 30 Hz alongside exquisite treble and captivating mid-range.
With this masterpiece, we guarantee you won’t need an extra sub to deliver the most demanding music tracks to the full.
While assured of incredible scale and breath-taking dynamics from Monitor Audio’s bespoke bass drivers, you are guaranteed clean mid-range, without a hint of distortion, and a delicate, detailed treble thanks to perfect drive unit matching. All bass and mid-range drivers feature the Silver Series’ signature RST Cone profile.
High overall sensitivity and easy loading make the new Silver 500 easy to drive and capable of delivering amazing results in your audio system. In fact, a modestly powered high-quality amplifier is all you need to fill a large room with volume levels that approach live music. And, with just 12 inches (30 cm) needed between the speaker and wall, to allow the system to breathe and perform optimally, the Silver 500 is perfect where space is tight.
- Three-way, four driver configuration (both electrically and acoustically) allows drive units to be optimised to deliver high efficiency and lowest distortion
- Bespoke 25 mm C-CAM, (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimised for lower distortion and cleaner-sounding highs
- Specially-developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system so the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap ensuring incredibly low distortion
- Dual 8-inch bass drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
1. Thirty-year perfection of metal dome tweeter
Newly developed 1” (25 mm) C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) Gold Dome tweeter has the lowest-ever distortion. It provides exquisite treble with crystal-clear highs that are smooth and without harshness.
2. Hallmark drivers beat at the heart
Loudspeakers’ crucial drive units produce the sound waves we hear. Monitor Audio’s signature C-CAM RST ‘dished’ cones (created from a single piece of unique Aluminium Magnesium alloy and formed into a dish profile) ensure pure, undistorted sound across the bass and mid-range. The cone has been developed and perfected using sophisticated computer modelling (Finite Element Analysis) which enables the use of thinner and lighter C-CAM. The internal magnets and voice coils promise a clean sound, even at the high level.
3. Perfecting integration
Top-quality component selection for the crossover networks ensures the various drive units work together seamlessly, creating a unified sound. Polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and laminated steel-core inductors are employed to preserve the best possible signal integrity and deliver ultimate enjoyment.
4. Cabinet rigidity is key
Precision laser scanning research at the world-renowned National Physical Laboratory was a critical part of the Silver Series development. The result is optimal internal bracing, ensuring the most natural sound possible.
Monitor Audio’s unique bolt-through technology provides a cleaner sound with much lower coloration.
5. Standing tall, standing elegantly
Silver Series floorstanders employ ‘outrigger’ feet, constructed from solid metal components to provide a stable platform.
6. Quality components throughout
The slimline grilles of the Silver Series have concealed magnetics for clean-looking baffles. Monitor Audio’s unique HiVe II ports rely on an innovative straight-rifled design to accelerate airflow and reduce turbulence, moving air much faster than inferior port types. The result is an immediately noticeable quick bass with power and weight, and a superior transient response to reveal a true sense of timing.
- System Format - 3-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 30 Hz – 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Minimum Impedance - 3.1 ohms @ 2.45 kHz
- Maximum SPL - 117 dBA (pair)
- Power Handling (RMS) - 250 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 80 – 250 W
- Bass Alignment - Bass reflex. HiVe II port system
- Crossover Frequency - LF/MF: 625 Hz, MF/HF: 3.1 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement - 2 x 8" C-CAM RST bass driver, 1 x 4" C-CAM RST mid-range driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals) - 1050 x 230 x 300 mm (415/16 x 91/16 x 1113/16")
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) - 1050 x 230 x 329 mm (415/16 x 91/16 x 1215/16")
- External Dimensions (Including Out-Rigger Plates, Feet and Spikes) - 1083 x 297 x 367 mm (425/8 x 1111/16 x 147/16")
- Weight (each) - 22.8 kg (50 lb 4 oz)
Please note: Natural Oak, Rosenut and Satin White are special order products. Enquire for lead time