Monitor Audio - Silver C350 - Centre Speaker
You Save: $149.00
The Silver C350 centre speaker from Monitor Audio is designed for serious home theatre installations, where performance is the most critical factor.
The three-way, four-driver configuration utilises the same driver complement as the Silver 300 although, in this case, the bass drivers have been designed and tuned to work in a sealed box for easier placement in a cabinet or close to a boundary/wall. For the perfect A/V enjoyment, you can’t better the Silver C350 for crisp, articulate dialogue. Don’t miss a word.
What makes the Silver C350 so special is the vertical orientation of the mid and tweeter axis which delivers the same directivity as the other speakers in the system. A high percentage of the total sound balance in a theatre system is delivered to the centre channel (typically 60%), so this crucial speaker should not to be overlooked when specifying a high-performance, no-compromise theatre system for the home.
- Three-way, four-driver configuration (electrically and acoustically) allows drivers to be optimised to deliver better higher efficiency and lower distortion
- Sealed cabinet for accurate performance when installed in an A/V cabinet, restricted voids or close to a wall
- 25 mm C-CAM, (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium) featuring vented Neo magnet system carefully optimised for lower distortion and cleaner-sounding highs
- Specially developed 4-inch mid-range driver with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system to ensure the voice coil is always in the magnetic gap guaranteeing very low distortion
- Dual 6-inch bass drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
1. Thirty-year perfection of metal dome tweeter
Newly developed 1” (25 mm) C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) Gold Dome tweeter has the lowest-ever distortion. It provides exquisite treble with crystal-clear highs that are smooth and without harshness.
2. Hallmark drivers beat at the heart
Loudspeakers’ crucial drive units produce the sound waves we hear. Monitor Audio’s signature C-CAM RST ‘dished’ cones (created from a single piece of unique Aluminium Magnesium alloy and formed into a dish profile) ensure pure, undistorted sound across the bass and mid-range. The cone has been developed and perfected using sophisticated computer modelling (Finite Element Analysis) which enables the use of thinner and lighter C-CAM. The internal magnets and voice coils promise a clean sound, even at the high level.
3. Perfecting integration
Top-quality component selection for the crossover networks ensures the various drive units work together seamlessly, creating a unified sound. Polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and laminated steel-core inductors are employed to preserve the best possible signal integrity and deliver ultimate enjoyment.
4. Cabinet rigidity is key
Precision laser scanning research at the world-renowned National Physical Laboratory was a critical part of the Silver Series development. The result is optimal internal bracing, ensuring the most natural sound possible.
Monitor Audio’s unique bolt-through technology provides a cleaner sound with much lower coloration.
5. Standing tall, standing elegantly
Silver Series floorstanders employ ‘outrigger’ feet, constructed from solid metal components to provide a stable platform.
6. Quality components throughout
The slimline grilles of the Silver Series have concealed magnetics for clean-looking baffles. Monitor Audio’s unique HiVe II ports rely on an innovative straight-rifled design to accelerate airflow and reduce turbulence, moving air much faster than inferior port types. The result is an immediately noticeable quick bass with power and weight, and a superior transient response to reveal a true sense of timing.
- System Format - 3-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 40 Hz – 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 90 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Minimum Impedance - 3.2 ohms @ 176 Hz
- Maximum SPL - 113 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS) - 200 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 80 – 200 W
- Bass Alignment - Sealed cabinet
- Crossover Frequency - LF/MF: 830 Hz, MF/HF: 3.2 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement - 2 x 6" C-CAM RST bass/mid driver, 1 x 4" C-CAM RST midrange driver, 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals) - 235 x 560 x 240 mm (91/4 x 221/16 x 97/16")
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) - 235 x 560 x 270 mm (91/4 x 221/16 x 105/8")
- Weight (each) - 14.9 kg (32 lb 13 oz)
Please Note: Natural Oak, Rosenut and Satin White are special order products. Enquire for lead time