Monitor Audio - Silver FX - Surround Speakers
You Save: $129.00
Monitor Audio has all your rear and side channel requirements covered with the Silver FX, a loudspeaker specially designed for 5.1 and 7.1 systems and featuring Monitor Audio’s advanced technology.
This wall-mountable compact two-way design offers dual dispersion characteristics for the perfect surround sound set-up.
The discreet profile and angled baffle design of Monitor Audio’s specially-developed Silver FX incorporates a single 6-inch C-CAM bass/mid driver featuring RST technology and C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
The Silver FX can be flush-mounted on side or rear walls where it blends unobtrusively with any interior. Its dispersion characteristics can be easily changed with a switch to accommodate the precise requirements for dipole or bipole orientation, giving it maximum flexibility in multi-channel system installations.
1. Thirty-year perfection of metal dome tweeter
Newly developed 1” (25 mm) C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) Gold Dome tweeter has the lowest-ever distortion. It provides exquisite treble with crystal-clear highs that are smooth and without harshness.
2. Hallmark drivers beat at the heart
Loudspeakers’ crucial drive units produce the sound waves we hear. Monitor Audio’s signature C-CAM RST ‘dished’ cones (created from a single piece of unique Aluminium Magnesium alloy and formed into a dish profile) ensure pure, undistorted sound across the bass and mid-range. The cone has been developed and perfected using sophisticated computer modelling (Finite Element Analysis) which enables the use of thinner and lighter C-CAM. The internal magnets and voice coils promise a clean sound, even at the high level.
3. Perfecting integration
Top-quality component selection for the crossover networks ensures the various drive units work together seamlessly, creating a unified sound. Polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and laminated steel-core inductors are employed to preserve the best possible signal integrity and deliver ultimate enjoyment.
4. Cabinet rigidity is key
Precision laser scanning research at the world-renowned National Physical Laboratory was a critical part of the Silver Series development. The result is optimal internal bracing, ensuring the most natural sound possible.
Monitor Audio’s unique bolt-through technology provides a cleaner sound with much lower coloration.
5. Standing tall, standing elegantly
Silver Series floorstanders employ ‘outrigger’ feet, constructed from solid metal components to provide a stable platform.
6. Quality components throughout
The slimline grilles of the Silver Series have concealed magnetics for clean-looking baffles. Monitor Audio’s unique HiVe II ports rely on an innovative straight-rifled design to accelerate airflow and reduce turbulence, moving air much faster than inferior port types. The result is an immediately noticeable quick bass with power and weight, and a superior transient response to reveal a true sense of timing.
- System Format - 2-way
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 60 Hz – 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 87 dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Minimum Impedance - 4 ohms @ 229 Hz
- Maximum SPL - 110 dBA (pair)
- Power Handling (RMS) - 85 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 30 – 85 W
- Bass Alignment - Sealed cabinet
- Crossover Frequency - 2.5 kHz
- Drive Unit Complement - 1 x 6" C-CAM RST bass/mid driver, 2 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Cabinet Dimensions (Excluding Grille and Terminals) - 250 x 310 x 130 mm (913/16 x 123/16 x 51/8")
- External Dimensions (Including Grille and Terminals (H x W x D)) - 250 x 322 x 147 mm (913/16 x 1211/16 x 513/16")
- Weight (each) - 4.3 kg (9 lb 7 oz)
Please Note: Natural Oak, Rosenut and Satin White are special order products. Enquire for lead time