Monitor Audio - Super Slim CSS230 - In-Ceiling Speaker
The CSS230 is a brilliantly innovative back-box design with an impressively shallow 50 mm (2") mounting depth, custom built to offer hi-fi levels of performance in spaces where no high quality speaker has gone before.
- Super-slim mounting depth 50 mm (2") designed to fit within 2” stud walls or where space is restricted
- Hybrid CP ‘Controlled Performance’ style, enclosed or open back-box option provides flexible high performance options and sound isolation in one (pictured right)
- Driver configuration of three 3" C-CAM bass/mid-range drivers in a radial array around a 19 mm C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter (fixed position) and high quality crossover design offers Monitor Audio’s award-winning signature sound quality
- Gold plated sprung push terminals are reliable and easy to connect
- Magnetically attached ‘Trim-less’ round and square grille options for discreet, reliable and easy servicing, flexible in-wall/ceiling installation, paintable to blend with décor
- Patented Tri-Grip dog leg fixings – Reliable, robust and quick to install
- Existing CB6 pre-construction bracket for easier system design and planning
Between 2" stud frames or where pipework or cabling reduces mounting depth, the hybrid back-box construction and proprietary full-range driver array combine to deliver consistent audio quality with exceptional installation versatility.
The hybrid back-box provides the best of all worlds for installer and customer. Combined, the three proprietary 3" mid-bass units achieve the bass output of a 6 1/2" driver, all from a super-stealthy flush-fitted profile.
In keeping with Monitor Audio’s renowned design rigour, the crossover comprises high quality film capacitors and low loss inductors - selected for signal integrity - ensuring peerless audio detail and dynamics from a speaker of its size and application. When the CSS230 is in ‘ported’ mode, a fine gauze protects the acoustic system from dust ingress.
- Frequency Response (-6 dB) - 100 Hz – 30 kHz sealed ‘CP’ (85 Hz – 30 kHz –open back)
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Sensitivity (1W@1M) - 86 dB
- Maximum SPL - 103.8 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS) - 40 Watts – Full range (60 watts with crossover set to 100 Hz @ 12 dB/Octave)
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements - 10 - 60 W
- Drive Unit Complement - 3 x 3" C-CAM cone bass-mid drivers, 1 x 19 mm (3/4") C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter
- Crossover Recommendation - 100 Hz at a minimum of 12 dB/Octave (24 dB/Octave optimum)
- Connection - Gold Plated Sprung push terminals – for bare wire connection up to 4 mm(2)
- Overall Diameter (Including Grille) - 250 mm (913/16")
- Overall Depth (Including Grille) - 54 mm (21/8")
- Cut-Out Hole Diameter - 211 mm (81/4")
- Mounting Depth - 50 mm (2")
- Optional Square Grille - Outer Dimensions - 249 x 249 mm (9 3/16")
- Fixing Type - 3 position Tri-Grip dog leg fixings
- Construction Material - ABS (UL94 rated, RoHS2 Compliant) – Painted steel grille
- Weight - 2.88 kg (6 lb 5 oz)
- Pre-Construction Bracket - CB6 Pre-Construction Bracket (Purple)
- Sold as: individually