Pro-Ject - Dac Box E - Digital to Analogue Converter
DAC Box E: Pure listening pleasure for digital sources at an absolute bargain price!
The entry level DAC Box E is an excellent D/A converter for digital sound sources using optical and coaxial connections. Despite the low price, it sounds outstanding and supports HD music data up to 24/192kHz. DAC Box E uses high quality components like precision D/A converter chips and a low noise output stage. It will act as a perfect upgrade for any digital stereo audio source, especially for best-buy CD-players, Bluray or DVD players with CD playback, set-top boxes etc!
The whole audio circuitry design is perfectly linear with low output impedance to avoid any negative interference with cables or pre-amps. Its class-leading audio performance makes DAC Box E an outstanding low-cost audio bargain!
- 24bit / 192kHz D/A conversion
- Co-axial (RCA) & optical (Toslink) S/PDIF input
- SMD circuitry
- Special low noise components
- Internal metal shielding
- Small size allows installation close to source
- Gold plated RCA connection sockets
- Outboard power supply included
- Black casing
- Line-level output - 1 pair RCA/phono sockets
- Output voltage - 0.7 Vrms
- Digital inputs - 1x coaxial (S/PDIF), 1x optical (TOSlink®)
- D/A converter - Texas Instruments TLV320DAC23 Cirrus Logic CS4344. 24Bit/192kHz
- Supported audio format - PCM (LPCM) (Stereo only, no support for multi-channel formats)
- Sampling rates Optical and coaxial input - 44.1 kHz, 48kHz, 96 kHz and 192 kHz (coaxial only)
- Outboard power supply - 18 V / 500 mA DC; 220 - 240V, 50Hz
- Power consumption - 200 mA DC, <1W in standby
- Dimensions W x H x D (D with sockets) - 120 x 32 x 100 (106) mm
- Weight - 250 g without power supply