The Audio Tailor Voted #1 Australian Hi Fi Store 2021 + 2022
SVS - PB-3000 - Subwoofer
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Nathan and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is SVS the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Reference Subwoofer Performance Hits New Lows
Crushing output and extreme low frequency extension down to 16Hz without sacrificing accuracy and control, the PB-3000 is a standard bearer for bass performance at any price. All new 13-inch high-excursion SVS driver, sophisticated 800 watts RMS, 2,500+ watts peak Sledge STA-800D2 DSP amplifier and first ever dual port SVS cabinet design ensure effortless output at the deepest octaves without a hint of distortion. PB-3000 features two port tuning modes, each with individual response curves to achieve the most accurate in-room frequency response possible whether in sealed or standard mode. With massive output that extends far below the threshold of human hearing, where it can only be felt, the PB-3000 unleashes the full impact of every movie, bassline and low frequency effect without ever compromising.
Room-Shaking Power. Subterranean Extension. Uncompromising Sound Quality.
Featuring technology from the SVS 16-Ultra Series and 4000 Series, winners of nearly every industry and media award as the top subwoofers worldwide, the PB-3000 unleashes breathtaking output and extreme low frequency extension with pinpoint accuracy and control. The newest ported cabinet SVS model combines the most sophisticated SVS subwoofer technology ever developed with trailblazing innovations to set a new standard for subwoofer performance.
All New First Ever 13-inch High-Excursion SVS Driver – Iron Fist Inside a Velvet Glove.
Completely new 13-inch high-excursion SVS driver delivers punishing levels of low frequency output, while maintaining crisp speed in transients by stopping and starting on a dime with precision. An aluminum vented cone with exceptional stiffness to mass ratio and a proprietary injection molded extreme-excursion surround ensure flawless pistonic motion for pinpoint control and accuracy.
Flat edge wound split-wind voice coil within the motor assembly provides effortless, on-demand power at high excursion, while reducing mass and improving overall driver efficiency. The result is room-shaking output with amazingly precise response when the music, movie or other content demands it most.
Dual ferrite magnet motor assembly weighing nearly 25lbs generates massive amounts of current to produce extreme driver excursion with precise control for the deepest, most accurate and authoritative bass possible from a 13-inch driver.
Lightweight and rigid aluminum vented cone with composite fiber dustcap generates massive output with pinpoint accurate frequency response.
Long-throw parabolic surround and proprietary injection molded gasket ensure longevity and allow extreme excursion for room-energizing bass.
Sledge STA-800D2 Amplifier – Massive Power with Precise Control.
Conservatively rated at 800 watts RMS, 2,500+ watts peak power, the Sledge STA-800D2 amplifier maximizes the full potential of the 13-inch driver with effortless power and absolute control. The innovative design combines the efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to move colossal amounts of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs for outstanding real-world subwoofer performance at all drive levels.
High Current Output of Fully Discrete MOSFETs with Efficiency of Class D Amplifier allows the Sledge STA-800D2 amplifier to move massive amounts of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs enabling immense output with surgical precision.
Sophisticated 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP is the most advanced digital processor ever used in a subwoofer and maintains pinpoint accuracy and pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, optimized frequency response curves, powerful DSP controls and more.
First Ever SVS Dual Port Cabinet Design – Maximized Airflow without Distortion.
PB-3000 is the first SVS subwoofer optimized with a dual port cabinet design for maximizing airflow, driver motion and amplifier power, while eliminating potential for port turbulence. Foam port plugs come standard with the PB-3000 and allow for variable port tuning. Each response curve for the two port tuning modes (standard and sealed), is fully configured to the respective mode to achieve balanced and accurate low frequency response.
PB-3000 Smartphone App – Easiest Way Ever to Manage Subwoofer DSP and Control.
3000 Series subwoofer app is the most convenient way ever to control volume, access multiple DSP functions and program custom presets for one-touch tuning optimized for music, movies, gaming, and more. Adjust crossover frequencies, a three-band parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and more from your favorite seat.
The SVS subwoofer app also allows advanced customization so you can name your subwoofer for easy preset switching, choose the subwoofer standby mode and reset the subwoofer to factory settings. Bluetooth connectivity allows full control, even when the subwoofer is out of sight and bi-directional feedback shows adjustments in real time on both the app and rear panel subwoofer interface.
3 custom presets can be saved for movies, music and more so you have one-touch tuning optimized for your listening preferences.
2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and rear panel subwoofer interface.
Connects via Bluetooth for convenient control even when subwoofer is out of sight.
3-band parametric EQ controller allows precise adjustments for frequency slope and Q factor down to the single Hz level with four different slopes, so users can improve performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues.
Variable Port Tuning Modes with customized frequency response curves for “Standard” and “Sealed” allow tuning for maximum output or deep bass extension and transient speed via included port plugs.
New Rear Panel Intelligent Control Interface (ICI).
Designed specifically for the 3000 Series Subwoofers, the first ever SVS Intelligent Control Interface (ICI) on the rear panel of the 3000 Series cabinets provide control options for the subwoofer’s most critical functions. Adjustments can be made for volume based on listening preferences and content to achieve full and balanced bass response.
Other features of the ICI include a low pass filter to ensure smooth sonic transitions and seamless blending with loudspeakers and phase control to shift timing of subwoofer output to align with main speakers or additional subwoofers.
Acoustically Inert and Rigidly Braced Sealed Cabinet Design.
Double-thick MDF front baffle and extensive internal bracing in the acoustically optimized PB-3000 Series cabinet create a resonance-free environment that serves as a blank canvas for uncompromised subwoofer performance. Acoustic insulation eliminates all coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume. Includes protective, non-resonant steel mesh grille and custom elastomer feet for reducing noise artifacts within a room.
- Premium Black Ash
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 13 inch high-excursion SVS driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier with Intelligent Control Interface (ICI)
- Dual 3.5-inch ports
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet construction
- Dimensions (w/ grille): 21.9” (557mm) H X 18.3” (465mm) W X 26” (660mm) D
- Weight (unboxed): 82.2 lbs. (37.3 kg)
- All New Proprietary 13” high-excursion SVS 3000 Series subwoofer driver
- SVS first flat edge wound split-wind voice coil provides maximum magnetics at high excursion while reducing mass and improving overall driver efficiency. Built around a premium grade 2” polyimide impregnated fiberglass former for maximum thermal conductivity.
- Two massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets generate unparalleled levels of magnetic force to drive the highest levels of excursion, SPL, and start/go power for the deepest and most authoritative bass possible.
- All-new High density FEA-optimized cast aluminum basket provides unequaled levels of rigidity, tensile strength, and energy transference available from a subwoofer.
- Four balanced 24-strand silver plated Litz wire high temperature leads woven through the 6.5” 2-ply Nomex composite spider provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil.
- All new 13” 1050 Aluminum vented cone ensures a light, rigid, and neutral radiating surface.
- Precision machined motor elements and narrow tolerance suspension parts produce unmatched linearity at full excursion for exceptionally tight and fast output, even at reference volumes.
- Extreme oversized low carbon vented 1008 steel U-yoke and top plate provide superior cooling and improved magnetics for maximum performance and efficiency.
- 6063 Aluminum shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, enhances thermal conductivity, and improve magnetic linearity.
- Nickle-plated high-tension spring terminals.
- Proprietary injection molded gasket and SBR extreme-excursion surround maintains ideal pistonic motion for pinpoint accuracy and control.
- Massively powerful Sledge 800-watt continuous Class D design with 2,500+ watts of Peak Power.
- High efficiency cool-running Class-D switching topology with massive 25 Amp 600 Volt MOSFET’s result in lower EMI and highest efficiency while providing effortless power to produce SPLs and low frequency output with pristine clarity well beyond reference listening levels.
- High resolution 50Mhz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is the most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction.
- Unmatched intelligence from user adjustable low pass, phase, polarity and room gain compensation with three parametric EQs for absolute best alignment with speakers and optimized performance in any room.
- Groundbreaking SVS Bluetooth DSP control app for iOS and Android devices with three user presets allow custom tuning for every room and system.
- RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications.
- All new rear panel Intelligent Control Interfacel (ICI) user interface with bright back-lit controls.
- Auto/On and 3-30V AC/DC trigger for Maximum Installation Convenience.
- Input impedance 16kohm (unbalanced RCA).
- Green 0.5-watt low standby power consumption.
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction, world-wide safety certifications.
SVS App Specs:
- The most powerful and flexible Bluetooth controlled subwoofer DSP app, works with both iOS and Android operating systems.
- Easiest and most convenient way to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and all other bass management functions.
- Three convenient custom presets allow for perfect tuning in any room or system, from your favorite seat.
- Single tap adjustment for controlling variable port tuning with standard and sealed modes.
- Unique bidirectional feedback shows adjustments in real time on both app and subwoofer interface.
- Easy-to-follow tutorial provides clear guidance for all functions.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- 2 x Foam Port Tuning Plugs
- Iso-elastomer feet included
- Extra heavy-duty, high current 6' power cord
- PB-3000 Subwoofer Manual
- Quick Start Guide