The Audio Tailor Voted #1 Australian Hi Fi Store 2021 + 2022
SVS - SB-1000 Pro - Subwoofer
Thank you for visiting The Audio Tailor.
We’re Stuart, Gabby, Nathan and Vaughan. It’s a pleasure to have you here!
The first question we get from customers usually starts with, “What’s the difference between...”
When you’re shopping for new speakers, a turntable, or even thinking of putting together that home theatre of your teenage dreams - you’ll likely be faced with stacks of comparisons.
Why would I buy the Bluesound Pulse 2i when the Flex 2i is half the price?
Is SVS the best?
Should I wait for a sale? Or get this now? What will I be missing out on when the new model comes out next year?
Endless questions. Lots of FOMO. Loads of hmm-ing and ha-ing.
And there SHOULD be.
Because you don’t go to a Hi-Fi store and drop $2000, $3000, or $15000 on something you're not 100%, positively, secure-in-your heart sure of.
It’s a lot of hard-earned money on the line.
Imagine doing hours of your own research. Reading up the suppliers’ websites, taking notes from Hi Fi blogs, categorizing the differing opinions as you trawl r/audiophile. You know what you’re getting. You’ve narrowed the online stores down to the final five. You’ve checked and re-checked that you’re getting the best deal. You’re sure you’re not getting ripped off by shipping.
You hit the “Checkout” button. Momentary relief!
Until your speakers haven’t arrived by the estimated delivery date and you have yet to hear a peep about its progress.
Until your new turntable arrives with a crack in the dust cover.
Until your long-awaited amp set-up fails to deliver the kind of sound you had in mind. Now you’re not even sure if you got the right one anymore, or how to troubleshoot it.
What could possibly be worse?
What about: No after-sales service. No phone number to call. And no one responding to your tickets.
Not to mention the hundreds of man hours you’ve already lost on reading layman opinions from the likes of Graham H. from Melbourne and Sarah D. from Perth; dutifully scrolling through pages and pages of reviews. Torturing yourself by looking for all the ones with less than 3 stars... when you could have been sitting back and diving into a whole new world of immersive sound and deliciously satisfying body vibrations.
Would it make sense to go to audio specialists that know brands, specs, and installation like the back of their hands?
Should you spend less time on weighing up pros and cons and more time enjoying good music?
Want to get the absolute best home theatre for your budget and surroundings without the weight of 100++ brand offerings bogging you down?
We like to think so!
And that’s why we’re here. Two things to know about us:
Thing 1: We were voted Australia’s 2021 Hi Fi Retailer of the Year (Yay! And THANK YOU!)
Thing 2: This is purely because we are sound specialists and audioheads - NOT salesmen.
We got into this business because we genuinely love audio and because we realized there was a lot of faceless dropshipping in the HiFi industry - and not enough expertise out there. People who keep coming back to us do so because they’re getting attention to detail and individualized solutions that they can’t find elsewhere.
Our clients don’t need to worry about budget, brand name, or size.
All they need to worry about, is talking to us.
Because, when you come to us, you’re in for a conversation.
We want to know the picture in your head.
That final portrait of you back from the flea market with Pearl Jam’s Ten, eager to place it gently upon a turntable you haven’t quite decided on yet.
A summer barbeque in your garden with the boys. Having a yarn around a beer-filled cooler while appreciating the crisp, clear, quality of sound streaming through the open doors of your listening space.
The kids having mates over - quiet for once - immersed in a good movie, lights out, in the comfort of the home theatre that is your pride and joy. “I wish we had one of these at our place!”
Once we know precisely what your ultimate scenario looks like, we’ll want to know what you’re working with.
What kind of budget have you set aside?
What’s the existing set-up look like?
How big is the listening room you have in mind?
How much ambient light is coming in?
Are you running drywall or wood panelling? Carpet or hardwood?
What about room resonance and reflection?
No idea what we’re going on about? No worries. We intend to talk you through all that. Our aim is that you get the absolute best sound system for your home, at a price point you’re happy with, and an aesthetic you can’t help but want to show off.
To get to this end goal, an unhealthy interest in all things audio simply isn’t enough. That’s why we spend countless hours behind the scenes sourcing products from only the most reliable brands and trustworthy suppliers - regardless of their branding and marketing.
We don’t rely on them to tell us what’s good about their equipment. We’ve developed our own proactive testing process to judge what’s what. So you get hands-on knowledge every single time. Coupled with our tight networks and stable supply chain meticulously refined over the years, we strive to ensure that the experience you get at The Audio Tailor is personal, seamless, and painless.
Personal, because it’s uniquely you in musicality, design, and taste. Your options are hand picked by us from amongst some of the world’s biggest, best, and most dependable brands.
Seamless, because we’re only small. You get one of us. Not one of dozens of salesmen milling about the place, working for commission and pushing the most expensive products.
Painless, because we don’t recommend anything until we’re clear about your needs. We follow up with you to make sure everything’s arrived in one piece. For us, the transaction isn’t over until your equipment is safely installed and fully satisfying.
Some of the big things we feel are missing in the HiFi world are:
- The need for expertise before, during, and after the sale
- A vast wealth of comparative knowledge, and
- A commitment to end-to-end service.
At The Audio Tailor, we hope we’ve made it clear that service doesn’t shut off when a problem pops up. It’s an opportunity to tighten the ship we run, bolster our 5-star reputation, and most importantly - make someone’s day.
Hi! We see you’ve actually made it to the end of this page. Love it!
We’d like to end this by giving a shout out to all the enthusiasts and audiophiles we’ve been fortunate enough to work with over the years. It has been a privilege to share our desire, passion, and journey for the purest sound and finest entertainment solutions for your homes and businesses.
Thank you to all our customers - past, present, and future - for helping us chase after something above the ordinary.
To make your audio dreams come true - call, email, or hop on down to our Brisbane store.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Breathtaking bass and stunning musicality from a compact 13-inch enclosure with state-of-the-art features that redefine subwoofer performance at their price and beyond. A true powerhouse with legendary pedigree that punches well above its class, the SB-1000 Pro subwoofer features a 325 watts RMS, 820+ watts peak power Sledge amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output and sophisticated 50 MHz DSP for pristine, room-energizing bass. A reimagined 12-inch high-excursion driver takes control of a room with heart-pounding, tonally accurate low end for more immersive listening experiences. Also includes SVS subwoofer DSP smartphone app for convenient tuning and control.
Reference Subwoofer Performance Hits an All-Time Low.
Jaw-dropping deep bass extension down to 20Hz and massive output with stunning musicality that will delight both audiophiles and home theatre fans. Reference subwoofer performance has never been available near this price from a cabinet of this size. SB-1000 Pro is a breakthrough subwoofer in every way.
Multiple innovations were deployed in the high-excursion 12-inch SVS SB-1000 Pro driver to ensure massive subwoofer performance from a relatively compact cabinet. Advances to the cone, surround, voice coil, and motor assembly maximise excursion for room-energising SPLs at the lowest frequencies, with precision and control.
Using reference amplifier technology from the flagship SVS 16-Ultra Series, the SB-1000 Pro features a 325 watts RMS, 820+ watts peak power Sledge STA-325D amplifier with fully discrete MOSFET output. Harnessing the immense power while ensuring tonal accuracy and driver control for more convincing bass effects is a 50 MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with frequency response precisely tuned for the SB-1000 Pro.
SB-1000 Pro also features the SVS subwoofer smartphone app, the most convenient way to control volume, access multiple DSP functions, and program custom presets. Adjust crossover frequencies, a three-band parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and more, all from your favourite seat.
1000 Pro Series Technology - Inspired Subwoofer Engineering for Uncompromised Performance.
The new SVS 1000 Pro Series features technology breakthroughs from the 16-Ultra Series, 4000 Series, 3000 Series, and 2000 Pro Series. This technology joins with exclusive 1000 Pro Series innovations to set a new standard for subwoofer performance value. More people than ever can now enjoy room-shaking bass below the threshold of human hearing with unerring accuracy and control.
Energise your stereo or home theatre speaker system with room-shaking bass that’s musical and accurate down to 20Hz. SB-1000 Pro demolishes all performance benchmarks in its price range and features innovative technology for an unrivaled user experience. Simply put, it’s in a class of its own.
NEW! 12-INCH SVS HIGH-EXCURSION DRIVER - ROOM-SHAKING BASS WITH SUBTLETY AND REFINEMENT.
Maximising every available square-inch of surface area, SVS packed a high-excursion 12-inch driver and dual ferrite motor assembly into an acoustically inert, 13-inch cabinet. Thermal management is critical when dealing with such a powerful amplifier and motor in a relatively compact sealed cabinet. SVS engineered a vented pole piece and efficient high-power voice coil to keep the SB-1000 Pro subwoofer cool without impacting performance.
Multiple innovations enhance performance within a sealed cabinet enclosure, all aimed at generating subterranean deep bass extension and seismic output while remaining accurate and controlled.
- Fibre composite cone with exceptional stiffness-to-mass ratio moves massive amounts of air while starting and stopping on a dime with crisp precision.
- Proprietary injection-molded extreme-excursion surround ensures flawless pistonic motion for pinpoint control and accuracy without distortion at the highest drive levels.
- Dual ferrite magnet motor assembly with extended aluminium polepiece produces effortless on-demand driving-force for subtle and over-the-top bass thrills.
- Powder coated FEA optimised driver basket provides maximum rigidity, tensile strength, and thermal energy transference.
- Dual layer voice coil design enhances linearity and fidelity at full excursion while minimising distortion and power compression.
- High Current Output from Fully Discrete MOSFETs with the efficiency of Class D amplification allows the Sledge STA-325D amplifier to generate massive amounts of current enabling immense output with surgical precision.
- Sophisticated 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP is the most advanced digital processor ever used in a subwoofer and maintains pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, powerful DSP controls, custom presets, and more.
- Optimised frequency response curves for the sealed cabinet SB-1000 Pro allow the subwoofer to take control of a room and pressurise it with accurate, heart-pounding, acoustically tuned bass.
- Connects via Bluetooth for convenient control even when subwoofer is out of sight.
- Saved custom presets for one-touch tuning with optimised settings based on listening preferences for movies, music, and more. All accessible from a single touch.
- Variable port tuning modes with customised frequency response curves for “Standard” and “Sealed” allow tuning for maximum output or deep bass extension and transient speed.
- 3-band parametric EQ controller allows precise adjustments for boost or cut, Q-factor, and frequency down to the single Hz level with so users can customise performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues.
- Level Control to fine tune the overall output level that best matches the system and room
- Low pass filter control to ensure smooth sonic transitions and seamless blending with the main speakers
- Phase control to align the subwoofer’s output timing with the main speakers or additional subwoofers
- USB port also provides power for the optional SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapter which eliminates the need for a cable run to the subwoofer from the source component.
- RCA Audio Interconnect Input for use with most AV receivers and preamplifiers
- Speaker Level Stereo Inputs for use with older legacy receivers
- Acoustic absorption eliminates all coloration from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume.
- Protective non-resonant extra-thick ABS grille frame with fabric mesh cover shields driver to prevent damage while ensuring longevity
- Reinforced internal bracing for resonance free performance at highest drive levels
- Custom iso-elastomer screw-in feet reduce noise artefacts and improve stability
- 20-270 Hz +/- 3 dB
- Expect 2-3 Hz deeper extension in small to mid-size rooms.
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic).
- Roll-off slope specifically optimised to take maximum advantage of available room gain
- Protective non-resonant extra-thick ABS fabric mesh grille
- Iso-elastomer feet included
- Extra heavy-duty, high current power cord 6’
- Quick Start Guide
- Unbalanced stereo input/output
- Speaker Level Stereo Input
- Auto/On and Trigger options through app, 3-12V AC/DC trigger
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction, world-wide safety certifications
- Green 0.5-watt low standby power consumption
- Dimensions (w/ grille): 13.5” (342mm) H X 13” (330mm) W X 14.76” (375mm) D
- Dimensions (without grille): 13.5” (342mm) H X 13” (330mm) W X 13.9” (352mm) D
- Weight (unboxed): 26lbs (11.9kg) with Grille
- All-new proprietary 12-inch long-throw driver with high-precision tuned overhung motor configuration.
- 8.33lb (3.78kg) pound Woofer with 5.73lb (2.6kg) pounds motor
- 13.3mm Xmax, 26.9mm Xmech precision aligned excursion
- 1.5” diameter Voice Coil with high current 6-layer high-purity copper wire windings
- Premium high-purity copper voice coil winding design minimises distortion and power compression with maximum heat dissipation, linearity, and tuned magnetics for high excursion
- Two-piece high grade oversized Y30 Ferrite magnet motor
- High Temperature 3003-H18 aluminium former/bobbing
- 6” composite cotton-poly extreme excursion linear spider
- Dual 24-strand copper-alloy high-temperature leads
- Proprietary injection moulded gasket and NBR extreme-excursion surround
- Lightweight treated Fibre Composite cone for enhanced sensitivity and transient response
- Top plate assembly with low carbon 1010 steel for optimal magnetics
- Oversized low carbon 1008 steel T-yoke with integrated pole piece extension for maximum cooling and electromagnetics
- 12” premium powder coated basket with FEA optimised analysis for maximum rigidity, tensile strength, and energy transference
- Oversized motor system for driving full excursion and industry best SPL, with pinpoint transient speed
- Precision machining for motor and narrow tolerance suspension parts ensure flawless linearity at full range of excursion
- 325 watts RMS, 820+ watts peak power output Class D design
- 50Mhz Analog Devices Audio DSP, high resolution double precision 56bit filtering
- Wide input voltage bandwidth compliant for consumer and pro audio up to 4V line level input
- High efficiency LLC resonant SMPS with 17A 650V MOSFET, resonant switching results in lower EMI and highest efficiency
- Cool-running Class D amplifier switching topology with massive 34A 120V MOSFET’s
- SVS BLE control app for iOS and Android contains 3 complete name-able and customisable User presets, supports IOS (iphone5 or newer or Android (4.42 or newer), 3 PEQ's per preset, adjustable low pass, phase, polarity, room gain compensation, and control for best alignment with speakers
- Customer EQ and DSP limiter settings specifically for the 1000 Pro
- Input impedance 16kohm (unbalance RCA)
- Input impedance 20kohm (speaker level)
- New Intelligent Feature control (IFC) user interface on the amplifier with bright blue 11 LED bar display and easy push-button controls
- Bluetooth controlled subwoofer DSP smartphone app works with iOS, Android and Amazon operating systems
- Easiest and most convenient way to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and all other bass management functions
- Three convenient custom presets allow for perfect tuning in any room or system, from your favourite seat
- Unique bidirectional feedback shows adjustments in real time on both app and subwoofer interface
- Easy-to-follow tutorial provides clear guidance for all functions
SLEDGE STA-325D AMPLIFIER – EFFORTLESS POWER WITH SOPHISTICATED CONTROL.
Conservatively rated at 325 watts RMS, 820+ watts peak power, the Sledge STA-325D amplifier maximises the full potential of the 12-inch driver with effortless power and precise control. The innovative design combines the efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to generate colossal current through the fully discrete MOSFETs for outstanding real-world subwoofer performance at all drive levels, in any room, allowing seamless integration with any home theatre or stereo speaker system.
SB-1000 PRO SMARTPHONE APP – EASIEST WAY EVER TO MANAGE SUBWOOFER DSP AND CONTROL.
The most convenient way ever to control volume, access multiple DSP functions, and program custom preset tuning profiles optimised for music, movies, gaming, and more. All accessible with a single touch. Adjust crossover frequencies, a three-band parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and more, all from your favourite seat.
REAR PANEL INTELLIGENT CONTROL INTERFACE (ICI).
The rear-panel SVS Intelligent Control Interface (ICI) provides control options and connections for the subwoofer’s most critical functions.
ACOUSTICALLY INERT AND RIGIDLY BRACED SEALED-CABINET DESIGN.
Understated yet stylish, the acoustically optimised sealed cabinet features extra-thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to create a resonance-free environment. Compact enough to fit in nearly any room or system, it serves as a blank canvas for uncompromised subwoofer performance.
Frequency Response/Acoustic Data
SVS Sledge-325D Amplifier specs
SVS App Specs