Tube Amp Doctor - 6V6GT-STR Premium - Power Tubes
Sweet full-bodied tone with silky highs
Finally in production after 3 years of intensive research.
This all new TAD 6V6GT-STR combines the exceptionally sweet characteristics of the NOS 6V6GT by RCA or of the GE 6V6GTY. It is a heavy duty 6V6GT tube, which can handle a higher plate current.
This TAD 6V6GT-STR caters for a detailed and powerful tone and an abundance of sustain; characteristics you would only expect from the finest NOS 6V6GTs from the 50s and 60s. Even when pushed into saturation there are no harsh upper mids, which is frequently the case with other 6V6s. Sweet full-bodied tone with silky highs.
We recommend the TAD 6V6GT-STR for all 6V6 applications where a powerful but sweet tone is desired; It works great in amps like the Fender -Tweed- Champs, Deluxe Reverb Amps, Vibro-Champ, Fender Champion 600 or the Univalve. This is also the perfect choice as a reverb driver for the Vibrokings and Dual Professionals.
Q: When does a power tube become a Premium Selected power tube?
A: All power tubes labeled Premium Selected have passed the following tests:
- Plate Current (PC) and Amplification (TC)
- Low Noise Test
- Microphonic Test
- Sonic Tests
- Shock Tests
- Listening Tests
- Shorts & Leakage Tests
Premium RT-Matching of Power Tubes
Our Premium Matching is an exact matching of power tubes with identical Plate Current (PC) and Transconductance (TC).
TAD Premium Selected tubes are guaranteed for a period of 6 months (according to terms of warranties) for the quality criteria mentioned above.
- Voltage (AC or DC) - 5.8V(min), 6.3V(nom.), 6.8V(max)
- Current - ca 0.45A
Cathode: oxide-coated, unipotential
cathode-to-heater potential, max - +100V
Direct interelectrode capacitances, max*** -
- Grid no.1 to cathode and grid no.3, and grid no.2 - base sleeve and heater <9pF
- Plate to Cathode and grid no.3, grid no.2 - Bass sleeve and heater <7.5pF / grid no.1 <0.7pF
- Operating position - Anyy
- Base - JEDEC #8ET, octal, 8-pin
- Dimensions - 84mm (height),72mm (seated height), 32mm (diameter)
- Cooling - Convection
- Approximate net weight - 42g
AF Power Amplifier
- DC plate voltage - 450V
- Grid no.2 DC (screen) voltage - 400V
- Grid no.1 (control) voltage - -250V
- DC Cathode current - 60mA
- Grid no.2 DC (screen) dissipation - 2.2W
AF Power Amplifier, Class A1 (single tube)
- Plate Voltage - 315V
- Grid 2 screen voltage - 225V
- Grid 1 control voltage* - -13V
- Peak AF Grid 1 control voltage - 14V
- Zero signal plate current - 34mA
- Maximum signal plate current - 35mA
- Zero signal grid 2 screen current (avg) - 2.2mA
- Transconductance (nominal) - ca 4,500 mS
- Load resistance - 8500 Ohms
- Output power at 13% distortion - 5.5W